iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

BBQ Sauce

Started by Norm, September 09, 2011, 12:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

Looks like a fine BBQ sauce recipe, I'll have to give it a try!

I've found while traveling around when I was in the Air Force that the majority of people don't want to give up their "old family recipes", but will gladly make a jar of it for you!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Weekend_Sawyer

I just made a fresh batch of Danjonit's Amazing Sawmill BBQ Sauce (It'll cure what ails ya)
I added a shot of dark rum to this batch and it added a nice hint of flavor.

I'll be shipping a couple of pints up to Jeff and Tammy to put out for the Pig Roast  8) 8)
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

LeeB

Dark rum or the bbq sauce? Both sound good.  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

luvmexfood

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on July 09, 2012, 02:59:11 PM
oh by the way, I noticed that the more charred the peppers were the easier they were to get the outer skin off. I should have worn gloves for the jalapenos.   :o

Yep. Learned that lesson one time while canning jalapenos. Slicing and handling etc. Went to drain out some used coffee. It hit about the time I got back to kitchen. Shower and soap made it worse. Finally rubbing sour creme on the affected area to get some relief. Not going to mention what affected area.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

luvmexfood

Quote from: LeeB on July 09, 2014, 03:07:56 PM
sour cream?

Dairy products cut the burn of hot peppers.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

sandhills

I was messing around once making some poppers and rubbed my eye  ::), it only takes once.

WDH

Jon,

We will sample some in Harrison. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Weekend_Sawyer

Yes we will Danny, looking forward to seeing you there.
8)

Jon

pappy19

The only thing I would add to that BBQ sauce recipe is a stick of butter.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Weekend_Sawyer

Making this years christmas gifts!

WDH

Some good ole Danjonit Sawmill BBQ sauce !
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Don_Papenburg

So if you use buttered rum do you still need the stick of butter?
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Weekend_Sawyer

I couldn't bring myself to drop a stick of butter in it.
This batch did get a shot of dark rum. Tasty!

drobertson

A shot for the cook ;D and a shot for the pot! 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Where da wine comes from for cooking.  POKE HERE
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!