iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Look what my son made

Started by Haytrader, January 17, 2004, 06:41:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haytrader

It makes a dad proud when his son makes a nice peice of furniture. Especially when it is made with some wood from a tree you cut down and then sawed into lumber.

Haytrader

Bro. Noble

Good going all the way around 8)

That's going to give a lot of pleasure to a lot of people for a lot of years :)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

WoodChucker

Wow that's really nice. It kinda makes me want to smack my son up side his head!  ;D

R.T.
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

Fla._Deadheader

That is VERY NICE. Looks like yer gettin the hang of postin pics??? ;D ;D ;D  That's NICE too. ;D ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Haytrader

FDH,

I am a slow learner........... ;)
Numerous people tried to teach me, including you.

On a side note..there is a strange thing happening here right now........it is raining.
 8)
Haytrader

Paul_H

Your son did a great job! I like the contrasts in the wood too.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Norm

Tell your son good job Haytrader, I sure like ERC.

Things like that sure make a dad proud.  :)

Percy

QuoteIt makes a dad proud when his son makes a nice peice of furniture. Especially when it is made with some wood from a tree you cut down and then sawed into lumber.

Most excellent. Ya gotta love it when the offspring excells....He is a craftsman...cut him summore wood ya. ;D ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

rebocardo

That is nice using the wood you cut down to do it too. Makes a nice family thing to pass down.

Corley5

Very nice job 8)  What kinda wood is that? ???
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

shopteacher

Haytrader: Ship him to Pittsburgh and I'll put him in my class. That's the kind of work that will make any parent proud.  Glad to see him making use of your own wood. Now if you can get him to make a bed, bureau, night stand, cedar chest, rocking chair.....................................etc.   Really nice work hope he keeps at it and tell him to stamp the underneath   PROUDLY MADE IN USA  it may soon be one of the few pieces that can state that.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

karl

8)Glad to see young uns do stuff like that- 'stead of the streetcorner thing.
You got a right ta be proud HT. 8)
"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

ScottAR

Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Haytrader

Thanks all for the compliments.

Corley, the wood is eastern red cedar.

Shopteacher, I wish, but his interests are music related, so I doubt it if I get the other peices. His three sisters all got thier college paid for with music so I don't discourage him.

As long as I am bragging about my boy, why not a picture of him?

Bryce and his new (nearly) truck.
Haytrader

shopteacher

Haytrader: You mean to tell me you never heard of the sweet tunes that come off a circular saw?  Nice looking boy you have there and even though his interest may lay toward music he apparently has the ability to do fine work with his hands.  Sometime Life throws you many curves and the more skills and knowledge you possess the better batter you are.  Tell him good luck with his music, college, and not to be afraid to get his hands dirty.  I wish him well.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Dave_Fullmer

That is a beautiful table.  You should be proud of him.  Also, He will be proud to see it for years to come.  

Maybe He'll want to make a violin like my uncle did back in the late twenties.  My Aunt gave it to my Dad when he passed away and then when Dad passed away, we gave it to my cousin so it would stay in his family.  It was a beautiful instrument and I never could figure out how Uncle Dan was able to do such a professional job on it.  Especially since I don't recall him ever having the tools to do such things.

Heirlooms are such warm objects.  Warming to the heart, that is.  I have one suggestion:  Write up the details of what it was made from, when, etc., put that in an envelope and tape it to the bottom of the table.  We have some pieces in my family that I know were made from older furniture and all I know is who made them.  I would love to know the details.

Dave
If it aint Orange (AC that is) it won't run.

Haytrader

Shopteacher,

He is not afraid of work at all. He has been doing mans work for a while now. It is just that he uses his head too. In fact, he is headed into either elementery education or computer tech.

Dave,

That is a good idea about the envelope with the info in it. I think teach suggested putting his name. At least someone did. All good ideas.

Thanks
Haytrader

Swede

Haytrader,

Nice to see that some kids still are allowed to take part of their parents working life. I think it´s the best way to bringing them up and often think about that time  :) 10-25 years ago now.
It looks realy nice!

Swede
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

Dugsaws

very nice haytrader, glad to hear he at least has an intrest in some thing, alot of you people I know just dont care anymore
Doug

Frank_Pender

Haytrader, you have set the foundation for an fine young man.  It also sounds as though you have done very well with his sisters.   Thank you so much for shareing you family with us on the Forum.   Also, thank your son for me, for takeing the time to create a beautiful piece of furniture, that is very practical.   ;D
Frank Pender

Patty

Very nice job your boy did there Haytrader. Makes a dad proud doesn't it!! 8)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Haytrader

Haytrader

Bill_B

HayTrader tell your son that is a very professional looking.
He can always do woodworking as a hobby.
Bill B

Stephen_Wiley

Haytrader,

His heart is set on 'music'  is this playing an instrument, singing, or teaching.

Tell him to continue, with the woodworking as a backup during the oncoming hard times.

My Dad has his doctorate in Music, remember many hard years and a lot of politcal hoops within the teaching world around schools. (Colleges)
" If I were two faced, do you think I would be wearing this one?"   Abe Lincoln

Haytrader

Mr. Wiley,

I guess he is into wood as he holds these two sticks in his hands.    :D
When he lived with his mom, I bought him a trap set for Christmas.
 ;)
He is following his sisters too, as he is a member of his schools mixed ensemble. They go through try outs to get in this group.  :)
Haytrader

Thank You Sponsors!