iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This is Different

Started by Fla._Deadheader, January 17, 2004, 06:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

I have been around Red Cedar quite a bit. This is the first Curly that I have seen. Probably because we just started sawing Cedar a year ago. First thing we thought is, why is the blade making wavy cuts???  Felt the board and it's smooth ???

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Tom

Ya need to put that board in the "worth more dollars" pile, Harold :D

I see quite a bit of cedar like that, especially in the short, squat, limby ones that grow around homesites.  

Speaking of cedar,  I spent yesterday sawing up the cedar that, the story is told,  Seymore sat beneath as he wrote "Taps".

Norm

Very nice Harold, that one has the makings of an e-bay auction. ;)

The more I see of ERC the more I like it. :)

Swede

When I see all your woderful wood i get  SOOOO jealous!  
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

shopteacher

Very nice Harold, you'll have to put on the "what can I make out of this" hat on and do it justice. Got the monkey blade yesterday, but not brave enough to stay outside long enough to try it out. Can't wait to be singing "You are my sunshine.............. 8) Turn up the thermostat.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Dave_Fullmer

Nice board, Harold.  

I've got some Cedar waiting for the saw but I doubt it will look like that.  

Shop teacher,
It's going to get cold here tonight.  I was out working on the sawmill shed today for a while.  Temp in the low '40s but tonight it's supposed to go to 16.  I sure like this weather better than that Mich weather I left 20 years ago.

Dave
If it aint Orange (AC that is) it won't run.

WV_hillbilly

See Deadheader thats what I'm talkin about . If that board is wider than  6" and longer than 24"  I know what could be made out of it . ;D
Hillbilly

Thank You Sponsors!