iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM hydraulic band tensioner

Started by pineywoods, September 02, 2011, 09:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineywoods

They don't last forever. After 16 years and 7000 hours one of the seals in the band tensioner on my LT40 finally let go. I took it apart and found the ruptured seal on the pump side.

My conversation with WM customer support went like this:

WM  Hello, parts department, how can I help you?
Me   customer RK0xxx here, my band tensioner blew a seal
WM  OK repair kit on the way, anything else?
Me    Might as well throw in a couple of bandwheel belts and 2 sharpener wheels.
WM   Done, Credit card and ground ship OK ?
Me    Yep, have a nice day
WM   Thank you

Two days later I have the correct parts in hand. Notice that the person taking the call knew exactly what equipment I had, what the problem was, and what was needed to get me going again. That my friends is professional customer service as good as it gets.
Us Woodmizer owners could get spoiled real easy.

Now a word about the band tensioner:
Never had one apart. I tip my hat to the person who designed it. Simple and elegant. Couldn't be easier to repair. Never a hint of a problem for 16 years and over 7000 hours.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Bibbyman

Yep...  He probably knew you'd be calling and had the parts out ready to ship.   ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Chuck White

Hey Piney

MagicMan posted a thread on Tensioner Rebuild that he did, not all that long ago.  Had pics to go along with it too.

Hope this helps you.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Yup, I agree, that hydraulic blade tensioner has to be about the simplest and most fool proof design as I have ever seen.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Cedarman

12,000+ hours.  WM probably got one waiting for me too.
Woodmizer could go into the consulting business and show every other company how to improve customer service. And there are some really good companies out there.  Might be a new sideline for them in this tough economy.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

zopi

Woodmizer rocks...I am thinking of starting a church...

Most Woodmizer owners are good folks too...I think out of every body I know on here and in person who owns a WM there is only one I don't like...and niether does anyone else, judging by how much tree business I am getting from people who do not like him.<smile>
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Collima

My woodmizer rep is the best! He gave us his personal cell #. we call him all the time. Even nights weekends and holidays. He is probably sick of us. Lol
Woodmizer LT50, case SV250, lucas dsm23

Thank You Sponsors!