iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wm debarker alignment

Started by cypresskayaksllc, September 01, 2011, 03:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cypresskayaksllc

I have the debarker manual. I can get the height right but I cant get the DB blade straight with the saw blade. Any advise? thanks
LT40HDDR, JD950FEL, Weimaraner

MM

The Left to Right adjustment is made with the bolts that hold the unit to the sawhead. There enought pay in the holes to make the adjustment. take the spring loaded arm off the debarker to make it easy to swing it in and out. Swing it out and use your LTBGAT to set the debarker. then swing it in and do the samething. If the debarker blade is higher than the LTBGAT then the top of the mount block needs to go toward the mast. loosen the bolts and take a dead blow hamer and hit the top towards the mast. Note** if this debarker is not new, there is one maybe two set screws in the holes next to the bolts thru the C-frame. Its trial and error! hope this helps a little. Matt
M.L. Morrow
812/614-1825

MartyParsons

Do you have the Mark 1 Debarker? Belt driven
Or the Mark 2 Direct drive blade Debarker?
The Mark 1 will have u bolts the Mark 2 is easier to adjust.

The top pin will wear and keep changing the adjustment if it is worn. I have replaced the pin and fixed some.

The Mark 1 is a bear to adjust. It changes when you tighten the u bolts.

Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

barbender

I have to agree with Marty, the mark 1 is a pain. How much of a pain is it to upgrade to a mark 2, Marty?
Too many irons in the fire

MartyParsons

Hello,
I was looking for the up grade kit. It may not be available any longer. You can purchase a Debarker assembly for $1510.00. They work much better.
Hope this helps.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!