iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Heart Surgery

Started by Qweaver, August 30, 2011, 08:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Burlkraft

Glad to hear yer doing well Q  8) 8)

It took me quite a while to used to my meds and then that's about the time they change them  ;)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Ernie

It's always good to leave the hospital without a toe tag.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Roxie

So glad to hear that you are home and mending!   :)
Say when

Qweaver

Thanks everyone.
It's getting better by the hour.  Getting my BP medicine adjusted may be the next hurtle.  It's looking like I may get to use much smaller doses than before the surgery.  I'm spending a much more comfortable day today.  :)
Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

doctorb

Well done.  Continued good health.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Roxie

I just found out that a friend that graduated high school with me had the exact same surgery three weeks ago.  He has a towing business and was back "bossing people around" yesterday. 

Although his children are thrilled that he is doing so well, I get the impression that they enjoyed running the show while he was down.   :D
Say when

Qweaver

Yes Roxie, my surgery was 2 weeks yesterday and I'm almost comfortable now. Sure was a long 2 weeks tho'  :o  :D
My dang bad back is more trouble than the heart now.
It sure feels good to feel good.  I slept 8 hours the last two nights.  8)
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

isawlogs

Good news indeed, keep that up and you will be better then new in no time  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

First off, glad your back home and recovering well Qweaver.  It's about all in the past now. ;) :)

My uncle had a slight attack just recently and was transferred to Saint John for the die test and possibly stints. I have not heard for a couple days from mother. But if they were going with the stint procedure it was going to be yesterday and coming home today. Mother is staying down there in a hotel with a woman friend that lives with my uncle. Be home today hopefully along with uncle. This is mom's only surviving brother of three and he's the baby of the family.

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Looks like things are a little more serious with uncle. The stints won't do. Needs triple bi-pass. He seems to be feeling ok, was playing cards with his friend from home.  ;) Suppose to try and work him in by this coming Friday.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

Hope all goes well for him Donk.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Yeah, we got him home Wednesday and he's doing good. I've got to go up there in a few days to do some stuff for winterizing. Nothing major, just some styrofoam and spruce bows around the bathroom. And cut a piece of moulding and do a small paint job in the bathroom. I also like to go walking on the woods roads out behind this time of year.  :)

Piston

SD,
Glad your uncle is doing good  8)  My grandfather had triple by pass about 8 yrs ago now, maybe longer, and he is still doing great at 92, although slowing down a little lately. 

Quinton,
Hope the meds are getting better and it is all sorted out for you.  I've always enjoyed reading your posts and I'm glad to hear about back in action  8)

How have the last couple weeks been? 
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Qweaver

Another setback.  I got pneumonia in my right lung.  Seven more days in the hospital.  But it seems to be over now and Doc is sending me home tomorrow.  My taste for food finally came back two days ago and what a blessing that is. 5 weeks of just forcing food into my mouth is a great way to lose weight but not much fun.  Hopefully the last problem and all upward from here on.  I may get to deer hunt yet.
Quinton

Magicman

Good news about going home tomorrow.  It sounds like you have crossed each hurdle in fine style.    smiley_thumbsup

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Piston

Sorry to hear you've been back in the hospital for pneumonia but glad to hear about you going home and hope you don't have any more setbacks. 

Looks like you got your taste buds back just in time for some venison  ;D  Hope your able to get out in the woods in time but if not, I'm sure you'll be happy with just being home   ;)

-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

SwampDonkey

Just having to cough with that dose would just about kill a man in itself after heart surgery. Glad your on the mend. My uncle is doing well, he had to go on Tylenol with codine to keep from coughing too much. They had took him off that a few days ago and onto extra strength and had to go in to get back on the codine, much better. His phlem is clear though, what he does cough up. Has to sleep in a recliner for now, for comfort. It also stands him up. Gets sore though from sitting, even though he walks during the day for 30 minutes, in 5-10 m stints.

scsmith42

Quinton, am glad to hear that you're on the mend.  We will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers, wishing for a speedy and complete recovery.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Qweaver

This will be my last post on this thread.  The five weeks after the surgery have been the worst of my life.  Until wed. of last week I could not eat,(lost 20 lbs) sleep, have a BM without laxative, get my breath, everything hurt and I just felt plain bad.  But Wed. everything changed.  I'm eating like a horse, sleeping through the night and I feel GOOD!  I still have a slight cough but my wind is good and I could walk a mile if I wanted.  The ticker is working well to. Man does it feel good to feel good.  Thanks for all the get well posts.
Quinton

Piston

-Matt

doctorb

Yeah, the journey is not much fun, but the destination is worth it.  Congrats.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

SwampDonkey

Yeah, its rough. My uncle cannot lay in a bed yet. He says he feels like he's suffocating, plus you can't move much because of your ribs.  A friend has brought in a chair a few days after he got home, he can adjust from laying position to upright to help him stand on his feet. He said last night his vision went strange for a few minutes, like a horizontal black line across the brim of his nose and some pressure. I think it's circulation, he has had it before in the hospital he said. He also won't wear his glasses as he's far sighted and might be getting a bit of head ache from that to. He bought the glasses a few years ago and has always been as contrary as a jack ass about wearing them.

Qweaver

Just a PS here.  My recovery is complete now and I did get to hunt.  Put three deer in the freezer.  I still do not have the stamina of a 40 year old but I am 67 so what can I expect.   :D
We are considering building another house...that will test my recovery.
Quinton

Thank You Sponsors!