iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Things Must Be Getting A Bit Better

Started by Burlkraft, August 30, 2011, 08:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

From what I have seen the last few days things must be getting better in the wood markets. I was up in Da UP last week and all I saw were trucks hauling logs. Load after load of pulp and saw logs.

I came home to 5 guys that want wood sawed. I don't advertise but word of mouth has gone wild.
I get to set up at one guy's house and everyone else is hauling logs over.
5 days of sawing and not one move  8) 8)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Coon

Sounds like a bit of meat and potatoes coming your way.   ;)  It's good to hear that the markets must be opening up a bit.  I haven't advertised either and although I have just started sawing I have all the sawing I am going to need for a good while.  There seems to be very few guys out this way sawing and those that do are keeping as busy as they want to be. 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

ARKANSAWYER

I am not sawing now so the work has to go somewhere.
ARKANSAWYER

Coon

:D  I suppose you make it change species as well, arky.   ;)
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

bandmiller2

I;ve been as busy as I want to be cutting alot of oak trailer deck contractors are keeping their best help busy.Seems these downturns only last so long then people stop listening to politicians and news people and go about their business and start buying. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Collima

I agree. I log and saw in the twin cities area of mn. We have been insanely busy.  I think the economy is turning around.
Woodmizer LT50, case SV250, lucas dsm23

paul case

i picked up a few new orders from a pallet recycler yesterday. enough to keep me busy till next weeks cool down ,when i have a walnut logging job to do and i will most certianly run out of logs and have to  go get some of my own.
i have a friend in the custom butchering business that has been on a 3 year upturn in his business. you have to have an appointment at least 30 days in advance , because he is booked up. it seems in tougher economic times some businesses really thrive. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

chevytaHOE5674

Starting to pick up a little UP here. But most of the summer it has been brutely slow. There were occasions that I went a couple of weeks and only saw a log truck or two. What is bad now is that it usually slows up towards fall as the woods gets wet and people take time off for deer hunting and such.

Brad_bb

I was thinking something is going on with all the Woodmizer mills people have been posting about purchasing used or new ones being put on order.  What's it been like 5 this last week?
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Magicman

I spent last week at the farm and continuously could hear cutters and skidders.  Somebody is buying something.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Corley5

Products are moving but prices paid aren't going up while production costs are  :(
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

woeboy

I've been up in Michigan doin some sawing for family and it seems like the minute my tires left Florida jobs started calling :'( heck the whole reason i came up here was a lil lull in jobs and I thought heck something to keep me busy) now I cant hurry to get down there quickenough. 3 jobs waiting and 2 consults, I may have just found the trick- I  leave Florida with my mill everytime I dont have a job  :D

paul case

more and  more orders coming in. 2 yesterday and 1 today. i finally am catching up a little on firewood as i found a neighbor kid with some experience on the splitter. he showed up yesterday and split 9 rick. rain kept him away all day today or i bet he would have split 6 more.

of course i am just about out of logs. will probably go back to the woods tuesday. if i saw all day monday the lot will be slicked off. i will be at least 2 weeks doin orders and my weekly customers before i run out of orders. i think then i am going to take down the sign and saw for 3 or 4 local markets that will buy everything i can saw. i hate the risk with customers ordering and even bringing logs to saw and never picking them up. plus it gets easier to make the same products over and over again.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Thank You Sponsors!