iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

BOW Season 2011

Started by ARKANSAWYER, August 28, 2011, 09:32:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARKANSAWYER

Yesterday I drove to Calico Rock AR. to the regional AGFC Office to take a bow qualification test for Urban Deer Hunts.  I put my three arrows in the heart at 20 yards and sat through orentation, again.  Then I paid the $60.00 I borrowed from my wife (I will hear of this many times) so I could hunt in the cities of Bull Shoals and Lakeview.  Looks like I will have lots of time on my hands to hunt and we may need the meat to eat.  The Urban Hunts start 5th of Sept and run till then end of Feb with a break during Modern Gun hunt during late Nov and early Dec.
  The deer are very thick in these towns to the point you can not hardly drive through early in the morning on in the evening with out hitting a deer.  Ticks are bad this year and in these towns the residents are really eaten up by them.  There was some worry this summer with the high heat and dry conditions with an over population of deer that black tounge or some other sickness would start wiping them out.
  It is funny in that some people feed the deer and want to protect them so that there are more of them and the others want them all killed off so they can have a yard and garden.  While hunting you have to be careful because some of these "deer lovers" will walk out in the woods to scare the deer away from your stand and call the city police to compain that you are making to much noise.
  Regular bow season starts in Arkansas the 1st of Oct so I am getting ready.  Just need a few cool mornings to get me into rut.
ARKANSAWYER

red oaks lumber

arky,
all it takes is a few cool morning to get you in rut? does your wife know of your symtoms ;D they have some urban hunts around here, be ready for some hecklers
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

ARKANSAWYER

Yea the 114 degree days we had has some of the trees dropping their leaves so a few cool mornings would pretty much put me in rut.  My wife is most aware of my seasonal changes.  I love to sit out in the woods and call it hunting. ;D
ARKANSAWYER

thecfarm

Some people just don't like hunters. But still eat meat. ::)  Sounds like too many deer in one area to me.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

Seems to me these cities (localities) should be paying you to hunt the dear, not you having to pay out money to hunt. Enjoy the hunting Arky.

WI bow season starts Sept 17 this year. Runs through into middle of January.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ARKANSAWYER

Bull Shoals is a city on a peninsula that is surrounded by Bulll Shoals Lake and then the White River.  I would guess that it is less then a mile wide  at one point and close to 3 miles long.  There is about 2,000 people who live there and it covers about 5 square miles.  No one is really sure how many deer live there but the State would like to remove about 600 to keep the threat  of diseases from getting started and then spread off the peninsula.  Lake View is a city across the lake and it is in just about the same condition.  Lots of open space, Corp land around the lake and parks.  The deer/car accidents are many but they are out in the yards feeding and have no way other then hitting a car to die short of old age.
  Some people do not want any killed so they can see the pretty deer in the yard.  Other people want them all killed so they can have a yard and garden.  Lots of people have put up electirc fences just to have some roses or garden.  Ticks are getting bad in town and it will be no time till a Lyme disease outbreak and then more people will want some deer removed.
  I will be in my stand about 5:30 am in the mornig to see if I picked a good spot.  I have to take a doe first but after that if it is brown it is down.
ARKANSAWYER

Texas Ranger

Good program, here in Austin, Texas, the suburbanites liked to see the deer in the yard, till the deer in the yard started trimming all the plants that the suburbanites planted to make the yard pretty, and to attract all those poor, underfed, deer.  There, of course, is no hunting in Austin, Texas, so they take pains, at times, to trap and relocate deer.  Which has about as much success as trapping and relocating the homeless in down town Austin.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Thank You Sponsors!