iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Donkeys

Started by Magicman, August 24, 2011, 06:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I was sawing today and the donkeys came back.  The small one is only about a month old.  It really did some growing while we were Pig Roasting.  I guess I did too.

It was comical watching the older donkey dust.  Then the baby decided that it would be fun and dusted itself.  Both shook off and started doing what donkeys do.

I could not determine if any of them were "Swamp Donkeys".
:D

That looks like fun.

I'm gonna do it too.

OK, back to doing what donkeys do.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Magicman on August 24, 2011, 06:44:16 PM

I could not determine if any of them were "Swamp Donkeys".

Too dry and hot.  ;D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

MM
Are these free ranging donkey's?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

red oaks lumber

i think he was at an assmusment park ;D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Magicman

I was assmused.  Many cattle farmers have donkeys with their cattle.  They will run off or kill any coyotes or wild dogs.

Here are some others taken before the Pig Roast.  These are now almost as tall as the Jennys.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

red oaks lumber

interesting m.m  up hear i have llamas running with my beef cattle, mostly for wolf protection.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Dan_Shade

i'm kinda like a donkey
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Magicman

Rollin' in tha hay or sipping from tha udder  ???

SwampDonkey

I see a donkey with a couple old cows on the way to work. But mostly folks will have a pair of horses with the cows up this way.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

paul case

those were aparently ''dust donkeys''. i would think swamp donkeys would have mud at least up to their knees. ;D  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Magicman

They came back to see me this morning.  They have their collars on, but no boots.

Jennys and whatever you call little ones.

The old Jack keeping a close watch.

tcsmpsi

Little ones are assets.   ;D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

What is amazing is how fast those assets grow.  I don't think that the little brown one was even born when I left for the Pig Roast.   The other small ones were sorta brown then.  Now they have shed and are the same color as the bigasses.

I'm gonna miss watching them. 

Dan_Shade

are they your donkey's, MM?
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

sandhills

You know.....With that many donkeys you could pack a whole lot of us members into this years elk hunt with you  ;D

WildDog

MM they are nice looking Donkeys, years ago I shot a feral donkey and tanned the hide for the property owner, it came up a treat with the big X.

[quoteinteresting m.m  up hear i have llamas running with my beef cattle, mostly for wolf protection.][/quote]

I have been toying with the idea of replacing my Maremma guard dogs gradually with llamas for protection from foxs but wasn't sure if they would keep the Dingoes/Wilddogs from attacking. If they can stop predation from Wolves they might be worth a go. The guard dogs are great and work reasonably well on the feral pigs, but cost me $1500 a year to keep. 

If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

SwampDonkey

:D :D So, what did you do with the donkey steaks?  ;D

I get a kick out of the story about grandfather buying one for packing deer kills out of the bush during hunting season. It didn't work out as planned. He went down south in the states to buy it.  My grandfather and his brain waves. ;D :D

tcsmpsi

Quote from: Magicman on August 25, 2011, 11:02:14 PM
What is amazing is how fast those assets grow.  I don't think that the little brown one was even born when I left for the Pig Roast.   The other small ones were sorta brown then.  Now they have shed and are the same color as the bigasses.

I'm gonna miss watching them. 

The superior assets of donkey milk?   
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Magicman

Dan, those belong to my customer.  The bad thing was that the donkeys  and the cattle visited the sawmill every night.  Thankfully I had an abundance of Kitty Cattle & Donkey Litter, because they generally made a "mess".   ;D

paul case

that could be why we dont buy donkey milk in the store. the kids grow up too fast the way it is.

we had a donkey when i was a youngster at home. we used him to break show calves to lead. we tied the lead to a saddle cinch that went around the donkeys neck. our old donk only went to water 1 time a day. boy those calves would really drink when 'jimmy burro' finally went to the tank.

jimmy had some strange things about him. he was blue colored. he usually had the run of 40 acres when we werent using him. he would bray every morning about 620 right behind our house. he always messed in the same place. about 3 of them on the whole 40 acres. i guess they were his favorite spots.

jimmyburro died of old age about 8 years ago. we had him for 18 years and i thought he was old when we got him. he was a great donkey.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

WH_Conley

We had one here for a while. Belonged to a boy that worked for me. His name was Joe. Every morning when I would go to the mill he would be somewhere between the house waiting. I would say "Good Morning, Joe", and he would crank up the braying, comical to watch, seemed like he had to make a few false starts to get going. Funny thing was, if I did not speak to him, he wouldn't talk back. Very comical animal.
Bill

Dale Hatfield

Got one in the barn and he goes off if a mouse farts.  He is the equine I have ever been around that I can walk up to and worm with out a halter. All of the others they get some I wear some.
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

Thank You Sponsors!