iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

In the eyes of the beholder? or Disgustingly beautiful.

Started by Jeff, August 23, 2011, 08:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Could not help myself from taking this photo. I was out at the end of the driveway of the cabin where I can get better cell reception talking to burlkraft when I saw this. Before I could get my camera out one of the two butterflies took off. Now when ever I see either of the two subjects in the photo, I will think of Steve. :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Radar67

"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Jeff

Texas Ranger

sandhills

Raider Bill

Unless you are there nobody can know just how good the pig roast food is. Here is proof.  ;D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Jeff

Mooseherder

Da udder Butterfly took off because he was done planking, or was that owling? ;D

Patty

Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

ely

Magicman

This should definitely make you think twice about kissing  smiley_lips  a butterfly  smiley_lipsrsealed   or burlkraft.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Mooseherder

Yeah, he could of found some leaves or sumpthin else beside da Butterfly to wipe with. :D

Paul_H

A friend of mine was in a logging camp and on the way to work one morning saw a fresh,huge pile of bear scat in the middle of the road so they(rigging crew) stopped the truck and crumpled up some toilet paper on and beside it and headed off to work.
He said the radio was a buzz with truck drivers trying to find out who was the guy that left such a notable load on the road.  :)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Chris Burchfield

That was funny.  I use to pass a low spot N/E of Memphis along I-40 when I was working as a machinist in Arlington.  This was the early 1970's when CB's were the thing for truckers and teenagers.  Well, the low spot was the Loosahatchie bottoms.  The first bridge East bound, at the bottom of the hill had a good bit of beaver activity/ layed over trees with the notable chewed stump.  Sometimes, the tree was too big and not enough water for the beaver to float to where he wanted it.  I left early for work one morning with a cross cut saw and post hole diggers.  Traffic was light.  I pulled to the shoulder, pulled both tools and walked down the hill 50 feet.  About an eight inch tree of some kind had been laid over by a beaver.  I measured about twelve feet from the beaver cut and did my cross cut.  Right where it had been felled by the beaver.  What was nice was no visible tapper.  I dug a post hole about three foot deep.  You get the picture, nine feet above grade to a beaver cut.  Now, I drove an F-100 which sat up above car height but, a trucker had the best view of all.  I dressed the area very neatly disposing of the extra dirt from the hole.  On several occasions, I heard comment about the beaver cut, some would describe as fifteen feet above grade.  Some would be so bold as to have seen beaver climbing and cutting a tree.  You just had to be there.  I never broke into the conversations, just smiled going into work or on the way home.  Back then, you had to have a lic. for CB's.  I was KROO815, the one Fireball out of the Big M.  Fireball, that's what Father-inlaw called me behind my back when I was courting his oldest daughter.  At seventeen or eighteen yoa, sounded good to me for a handle.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Burlkraft

Bee careful, I am home now and I have a computer and I can see all the abuse that I have been taking!  :D :D :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

submarinesailor

Quote from: Burlkraft on August 25, 2011, 09:28:06 PM
Bee careful, I am home now and I have a computer and I can see all the abuse that I have been taking!  :D :D :D :D

So.............do you really expect us to back off now?????????? ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D ::)

Bruce

Magicman

Anyway, da Boss has ah picture of the evidence.   :D 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Burlkraft

I demand a DNA test on that pile!

Then we'll see who's it really is  :D :D :D

Magicman

It has already been determined that the Butterfly did not do it.

Jeff

Sophie is my Sister's dog and I am her Uncle Jeff.

Burlkraft

YOU say was Sophie, but I have yet to ask her if it was.

You are kinda tricky sometimes  ;)

Texas Ranger

Thank You Sponsors!