iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This is why Trees in the Forest need harvesting.

Started by Mooseherder, August 18, 2011, 08:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

We were at the property last week and found a lot of trees down.  I was so busy and we were only there for a week and I couldn't walk the property to see if the damage is widespread or only by the cabin and the path to the stream.
The chainsaw starts a little over 5 and a half minutes into the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bou5DrbMqoM

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

Ouch!  That must have been quite the storm.  Trees and roofs don't do well together. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

That might have been the front of the storm that hit Grand Falls with wind and hail and lightning.  The main river has been mud most of the summer from up river rains.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

fishpharmer

MH, some serious damage.  Will it become firewood?
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Mooseherder

Thankfully, there wasn't any damage to the cabin.
Some will become firewood.  I'll try to save the cedar for future projects.
The Spruce and Fir I'll try to salvage also.  Most of the stuff is somewhat off the ground.
I really need to cut more around the cabin.  I had taken quite a few trees down a couple years ago but this kinda opened my eyes.  We'll be back there in a few weeks to cut some more.
It rained everyday except for one while we were there.  ::)

Ron Scott

Nature's thinning will keep you busy for awhile. ;) Good aspen regen around the cabin.
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!