iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl MS 250 ElastoStart

Started by dave_c, August 17, 2011, 12:17:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave_c

I purchased a MS 250 for my father who has been experiencing some shoulder problems lately.  I was thinking of adding the ElastoStart system to his saw.  Can anyone tell me what other parts need to be changed out in the conversion?

JohnG28

The only thing to change is the starter handle.  The ElastoStart is a rubber handle as opposed to the regular plastic handle.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

bill m

Are you sure about the ElastoStart system or the Easy2Start system?
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

dave_c

It could be the Easy2Start system.  I wasn't aware that there were two versions.  The one I am thinking of has a wind up spring system that I am hoping will be easier for him to use.

tyb525

You're thinking of the easy2start system. the elastostart is just a shock absorber, but doesn't make the pulling easier.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

dave_c

Thank you for the clarification.  In that case does anyone have information to convert the Easy2Start system.  I am hoping to get by without the primer bulb and think the pull start conversion should do the job.

rayrayrau

The easy start saws have a wider wrap handle, a different flywheel, and the whole starter mechanism is different.
Stihl 009 020t 026 034s 046 051 075, Husqvarna 55 460 570 272 576

dave_c

I was able to find a used Easy2Start recoil system and flywheel on ebay.  The handle did not need replaced.  The saw starts fine without the primer bulb.  Thank you to everyone who provided some insight on this.

Thank You Sponsors!