iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

History

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, August 16, 2011, 09:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I did not know the history of the blocks of wood until Jeff put me on a thread to read. I read the history of the blocks and now I'm educated.

My question is, is there a link on here telling the history of the Forestry Forum?
How it began?
When it began?
What exactly got the ball rolling?
Who were the first 5 members?
Who is the oldest and youngest member?
What came first, the Forum or the computer? :D
And many other questions.
If there is a story, I couldn't find it and if there is could someone please tell me where it is. I would love to know and learn the history and I'm sure new members would like to know also.

Thanks, David
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

clww

Great questions, David! Some I've wondered about myself.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

WOW! The vintage photos and information about your past is amazing Jeff. I look at your old photos and old photos of my family.....people back then generally all look the same to me, especially country folks who really worked. The only difference is, your photos show signs of saw mills and my family photos show signs of corn mills. Either way, may God bless those peoples souls....they worked their tails off. We today have no room to complain...But I sure would like to have a time machine and go back and spend a little time with theses folks.

Thanks again for the info!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

And if you click on "Forestry Forum Staff" in "Contact Information" in the bottom of the index page you will see this:

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=staff
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bill Gaiche

Just read a lot of this thread and looked at the photos. Very interesting and educational. We just dont know how lucky we are in these times. You and I have lived during the best times IMHO that anyone will ever on this planet. Your relatives lived during very hard times like a lot of people did but they made it and raised some very good children. Well except for the Pimp. Pimp not related. This site has provided a wealth of information and some days of just good reading. Jeff when we are gone which I hope will be a long time from now, people will still be able to research the info that you have made possible through the computer and internet. Thanks for your efforts and the FF. bg

woodmills1

it may be the best run board on thr net :P
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Magicman

Certainly the best run one that I am associated with.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Quote from: Jeff on August 16, 2011, 10:08:58 PM
Maybe this will help. :)
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,30658.0.html

Great Historical story there Jeff.

Some how, puts a tear in your eye doesn't it!   :'(
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!