iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Bailey's Pigroast chainsaw door prize. We're giving it away again!

Started by Jeff, August 14, 2011, 01:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

The winner of the Chainsaw that Bailey's donated for a Forum door prize has decided that she really does not need a saw and it was just not right for her to keep it, so Carol and Joe Wade wanted to donate it back to the Forestry Forum for us to do with as we see fit. It has been decided that we should give it away on the Forum.  I've not decided how, but I'm entertaining ideas. I have no intentions of this being a fund raiser, so those type of idears are out. ;)

[UPDATE]

Contest has started. Details can be found here!

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,52379.0.html

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

paul case

pick a number?

how about narrowing the field by a chainsaw saftey test?

the one to solicit the most blocks for the cabin's porch ceiling?

pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Cedarman

Some sort of random drawing of those that meet whatever eligability requirement that there might be.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

fuzzybear

How about every member who has been active in the last 30 days gets their names thrown into a hat?
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

gunman63

red oaks lumber

funny story about that. last week i ran my ms660 over with the skidsteer(9300lbs) not much left worth fixin :(
so i think i would flunk chainsaw saftey ;D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

beenthere

At a minimum, I'd say it should go to one of those who made it to the Piggy roast.  That was the intention, I'm thinking. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

gunman63

I thought it was given as a door prize, and those people  have  gave gracusiously(sp) gave it back. problem being if i won  a raffle, jeff would have to give it away again.

paul case

Quote from: red oaks lumber on August 14, 2011, 03:22:13 PM
funny story about that. last week i ran my ms660 over with the skidsteer(9300lbs) not much left worth fixin :(
so i think i would flunk chainsaw saftey ;D

ouch. i happen to know what one of those costs. ouch!!!!

or is this another sign to speed up that retirement thing you were talking about?  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Magicman

Quote from: beenthere on August 14, 2011, 03:22:37 PM
At a minimum, I'd say it should go to one of those who made it to the Piggy roast.  That was the intention, I'm thinking. ;) 

But, there are many active and contributing members that for economic, job, family, or other reasons beyond their control, they were not able to attend.

I would think that something along fuzzybear's idea would be appropriate.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishpharmer

Quote from: beenthere on August 14, 2011, 03:22:37 PM

I agree.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Woodhauler

Yes you should redraw names from those who was at the pig roast and did not win a prize.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I was not at the pig roast, but I think the fair thing to do is to give the others a chance to win the saw who were at the pig roast.
So I agree with Woodhauler.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Roxie

How many ceiling tiles do you still need?  I like the idea of giving those that haven't made them yet to get them in, and then draw a name from the tiles. 

I'm just expounding on the Paul Case suggestion. 

Say when

Jeff

I don't think the members that were at the pigroast would begrudge others to be able to participate in a new drawing or contest.

This will be a new chance with a slightly recycled (but still new and unused) prize. :)

isawlogs

I,ll back up what ever you decide to do with how the saw goes  ;) :)   
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Meadows Miller

Gday

Well I am happy with whatever you decide Jeff  ;) But I would just pick a day and the first new member gets a Welome to The Forum with and you have won a new chainsaw :) ;) ;) ;D 8)

Regards Chris

4TH Generation Timbergetter

Cedarman

I think everyone present at the pigroast got several nice gifts.  There was gobs of stuff, enough for everyone several times over.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

martyinmi

Jeff-
   I'm thinking that the saw should remain in your (our) state 8) My kid, who's 9 now, saw that saw (pun intended) and immediately thought he needed it. So, we will happily send you the postage amount necessary to ship it 75 miles due south to St. Johns, or we will also entertain our only other feasible option- we will bribe you(money,food, cord of wood, what ever it takes)! My son's thoughts on the subject were that it should find it's home with someone who's birthday is in February. Wouldn't ya know, both our birthdays are in February! As you can plainly see, the only logical place for that saw would be with me and my family :P She would be in the company of 3 Stihls, 2 Mac's, and a Poulan, as well as a 35 ton TSC splitter.

Marty and John 
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

Brucer

As per Paul Case and Roxie ...

Use a random drawing from all the ceiling tiles that you've received by September 15. That should get the ceiling finished.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Coon

Well, my tile will be on it's way shortly.  I just sawed the perfect piece today.... spalted manitoba maple (box elder to you southern folks  ;) )  So ya I say the ceiling tiles idea would be the best idear as long as mine arrives at it's destination prior to the deadline.   ;D  Guess I had better look up Da Boss' address from the post.   ;)  Block will be on the way this week.  I will let you know when it leaves "Sasquatchland" so we can all track how long it takes.   :D 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

thecfarm

Have a drawing for the ones that don't like grits.  ;D  Whatever you want to do with it is fine by me. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

How about writing down the names that are on the blocks we've sent for your porch ceiling and put the names in a bucket shake it and have the youngest or oldest person present draw one name from the bucket.

Winner....... Ta dah  ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jeff

Okay, the ceiling squares are the ticket. I'll start a separate thread announcing the contest on this giving people that have not sent a block to still have a chance to do so.  :)

Roxie

Say when

Thank You Sponsors!