iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Franklin 100?

Started by smwwoody, August 13, 2011, 09:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smwwoody

I have been shopping for a small used skidder for a few months now.  Me and Tree farmer 87 went for a ride this afternoon to look at a 230 TJ that he saw a few months ago but it was no longer there.

but on the way home we found a Franklin 100 setting in a back yard about 5 miles from my house.  What can you guys tell me about this machine? it has a 353 and a 4 speed franklin axles and winch.  I had a new 560 in 2003 and  I have nothing bad to say about that machine. 

there is a little play in the center section and the hi low and forward reverse levers fall to their bottom positions unless you hold them up with a strap.  what can you expect for $3500  it is almost worth that in scrap weight.

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

rockman

I don't know anything about them, but I did a google search and found 3 in colebrook NH, they are mid to late 70's and range from $13,500 to $18,000. I would say if it runs and everything works $3500.00 is a steal.
Kevin
kioti ck-20 loader backhoe, box blade, disk, log arch
Husqvarna 455 rancher
Lincoln Ranger 10,000 welder

smwwoody

With a new cable it could go to work today
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

doghunter

the only concern i would have with a 100 franklin would be parts. maybe check with aftermarket parts in new bern nc to see what is available. some franklins are almost impossible to get transmission parts for a quick phone call to be sure might be a good idea

treefarmer87

woody, the skidder is a 79-82 im guessing. you can get parts at goodman truck and tractor in amelia va, and forestry and construction parts in bedford va. they are franklin-  treefarmer dealers.
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

timbuck2

Hold out for a TJ, (but that's just me)!!

smwwoody

I am going to bring it home this weekend.  I will drop the belly pans steam clean it and get some pics up here

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

treefarmer87

its a good looking skidder, look like a mini cable 170 :)
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Meadows Miller

Gday

It Sounds Like you got a good Buy Fellas a small skidder that can pull well is a good one  ;) ;D 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Thank You Sponsors!