iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Post Pig Roast Travels

Started by Magicman, August 13, 2011, 08:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

After the Pig Roast, we kept the RV in Harrison and made a few day trips.  Monday, it was Northwest toward Traverse City.

Pat checking out Lake Michigan and all of the pretty rocks.

Sleeping Bear sand dunes.

Tuesday, it was Mackinaw City and Mackinac Island.

Mackinaw Bridge from the ferry.

We are now on the island.

The Grand Hotel taken from the garden.  This is where the movie "Somewhere in Time" was filmed.

The garden taken from the hotel.

Ivy horses.

The UPS man making deliveries.

Looking out of the back of our ferry.

The sister ferry going the other way.

We ate Pasties in Mackinaw City.  Hers was chicken.

Mine was beef.  We got a couple of frozen chicken pasties to go.   :)

Wednesday, we made a trip to the U.P.

And had a nice visit with Jeff at the cabin.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Nice pics Mag. Beautiful country you visited! Beautiful wife you have. Beautiful cabin behind you and Jeff. But that Chicken and Beef stuff ya'll ate.... I hope tasted better than it looks. :-)

Glad ya'll had a good time! Welcome home.

David
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on August 13, 2011, 08:24:36 PM
But that Chicken and Beef stuff ya'll ate.... I hope tasted better than it looks. :-)  David 

I can assure you that those pasties were delicious.  That is why we got some frozen ones "to go".
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

He's slaming Pasties the way I would slam Grits.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

LOL :D....never thought of it like that. I do love my grits with Red Eye gravy!

LOGDOG

Great pictures. Makes me want to go back home. I was just telling my wife yesterday we need to make some pasties.  :)

chevytaHOE5674

Pasties with gravy...... You've been hanging around that Troll Jeff fella too long. A good pastie needs a little salt and pepper and its good to go. A mediocre pastie needs a little ketchup to help it down.

Dan_Shade

Nice pictures, Magic Man.

What's in a pastie?  it looks like a calzone without the calzone stuff
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

sandhills

Thanks for the pics MM, when I saw that second one I thought for a minute you were in my back yard and I just missed ya  ;).

Shotgun

Quote from: Dan_Shade on August 14, 2011, 11:36:41 AM

What's in a pastie?  it looks like a calzone without the calzone stuff

For information on a pasty, go here: http://www.upper-peninsula-now.com/pasties.html

Norm

Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Reddog

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on August 14, 2011, 11:05:45 AM
Pasties with gravy...... You've been hanging around that Troll Jeff fella too long. A good pastie needs a little salt and pepper and its good to go. A mediocre pastie needs a little ketchup to help it down.

+1  :)

LOGDOG

Quote from: Reddog on August 14, 2011, 12:41:26 PM
Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on August 14, 2011, 11:05:45 AM

+1  :)

+2  :)

Jeff

I don't put gravy on pasties. I put it on troll pie, so ya'll dont know what you are talking about. ;D

My dad never liked frosting on cake, and I prefer my cereal dry out of the box if it ain't oatmeal and I drink my coffee black.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Texas Ranger

Pasties, they look like something Icy contributed to.  smiley_devil_trident
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I have never in my life heard of Pasties or Troll Pie.....?????

Grits and Mush is all I know. smiley_whacko

LOGDOG

Ever had a Natchitoches Meat Pie? Or an empanada? Kind of like that only a more rustic chop that's bulkier and less spicy. I favor the ketchup with mine but dark gravy isn't bad either.

Magicman

If or how much gravy was your own choosing, but it came with gravy and we both used it and enjoyed it.   We have learned to never knock a certain locale's food unless you have actually tried it.  You may very well be surprised.  This was not our first experience with pasties and I hope that it will not be our last.  

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Radar67

Jeff's Troll Pie is awesome.  ;D
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Coon

If'n I had some rutabaga's I'd try to make some troll pies but I guess that's out of da question so I guess I'ma goona haveta make a nice big canner of borscht (sp.?) Mmmm  I got myself drueling all over mineself now.   :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

LOGDOG

I have to say, that Troll Pie looks dynamite. I showed my wife the pictures and she's like, "woooooowwwww we have to make that".  :)

clww

Wow, didn't take this one long to turn into a food topic! :D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

RynSmith

Right there in the subject line, clww.   ;D

Raider Bill

I've always found Pasties to be hard and tough to chew. :D
Used to have a neighbor that made a excellent Troll Pie. She was also from the U.P.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Thank You Sponsors!