iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone want a Lucas Demo or any Sawing or Slabbing done while am here ??

Started by Meadows Miller, August 13, 2011, 02:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meadows Miller

Gday  :)

I am currently in PA and will be traveling down to FL then across to MS then back upto OH for the Sawmill Shootout I have a pretty free schedual but moneys already looking tight  :) :) ;) :D ;D Baileys and Lucas Gave Me plenty of money which was more than I was expecting  ;) ;D :)but I think I was being a little optimistic with how much it was going to cost in accommadation ;)

Thanks and Best Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

paul case

i have got a bigun you can come and practice on and a couple of walnut crotches just barely to big for my mill that need slabbed. we could probably work out something on accomodations for ya for a night or 2 but i bet that wouldnt be a couple hours of work. call me if you want to come by at 9185424008. or pm me on here.
i would be happy to have a little shootout with ya on some smaller oak logs if ya like. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

nlrwrangler

COME ON!!!!  I have the perfect log for you and your mill.  I am only about an hour and half from Paul and can provide NICE accommodations for you for a couple of days up to 4 days.  I have a large an no extra large oak tree that should make 2 40in dia logs.  I have to secure it but if you are coming I believe that I can get it and move it to a sawable location.   please call me 479 238 4629.

Thanks
Chase

WildDog

Quotebut I think I was being a little optimistic with how much it was going to cost in accommadation 

Did you leave your swag at home mate :)

If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Banjo picker

Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

WH_Conley

Don't really have anything that big to saw. Can find a couch or mattress on the floor though, if you come through North Eastern Kentucky.
Bill

jrkimroxie

When and where in MS will you be, I'd love to see the mill in action.
Loving life 1 log at a time !!!!

forestry mick

I am in the north eastern part of pa I would love to see a swing mill in action!

Josef

Hi Guys,

Chris stopped by for a few days here at the farm while he will be doing demo's at Ag Progress Days in North Western PA at State College, just south of Rt 80. I'm sure he'd look forward to meeting any of you that might be in the area, Ag progress runs from the 16th to the 18th, the venue is only open during the day (shuts down at about 5pm). When Chris called us from Pittsburgh I had forgotten all about him passing thru, (my memory is like a steel sieve) he got here last evening and we had a great evening talking saws and life in general. If you get a chance to stop by in at Ag progress days I'm sure he'd love showing off the Lucas Mill. He offered to slab a gnarly log I have in the pile while he was here (way too big for the mills around here) so I'll get a chance to see it in operation up close and personal.

Joe
In my house I'm the boss, I know this because my wife said so, I only hope she doesn't change her mind!

New to me Timber Harvester that I'm learning to operate, been building a home built mill for a while, should be ready to make sawdust with it someday if I ever quit "modifying" the design.

Meadows Miller

Quote from: WildDog on August 13, 2011, 05:38:34 PM
Quotebut I think I was being a little optimistic with how much it was going to cost in accommadation 

Nah Mate  brought a new one for $75 bucks at Rays Outdoors made in bloody india though at least I can leave it here and not have to worry about getting it back through costoms at home  :) :) Plus I have found the Drop Bears are a little bigger here  than they are at home Mate ;) :D :D ;D

Meadows Miller

Gday

Paul and Chase I should be able to swing through and do those logs for you on the way back over to Ca or maby on my way back upto Ohio for the Shoot Out Fellas  ;) ;D 8)

Regards Chris

Meadows Miller

Quote from: Banjo picker on August 13, 2011, 06:33:07 PM
How big of a log do you like to demo...Tim

Ohh 2' plus is allways nice going the optimal range for  knocking out the production for me on a lucas is 2 to 4' dia But Il cut whatever is there though  ;) ;D 8)

Regards Chris

Meadows Miller

Quote from: WH_Conley on August 13, 2011, 10:31:33 PM
Don't really have anything that big to saw. Can find a couch or mattress on the floor though, if you come through North Eastern Kentucky.
Im up for that If im coming through your way as I would like to catch up with as many Members as I can Mate  ;) ;D ;D 8)

sandhills

Wouldn't expect any milling for it (although I'd love to see it), but if you happen anywhere close by Nebraska on your way back we can definitely put you up for a night or two.

Raider Bill

Quote from: Meadows Miller on August 14, 2011, 01:12:05 PM
Quote from: WildDog on August 13, 2011, 05:38:34 PM

Swing by the Florida Suncoast. I don't have a single log but will try to show you a good time.
Nah Mate  brought a new one for $75 bucks at Rays Outdoors made in bloody india though at least I can leave it here and not have to worry about getting it back through costoms at home  :) :) Plus I have found the Drop Bears are a little bigger here  than they are at home Mate ;) :D :D ;D

What's a drop Bear?

Swinf by the Florida Suncoast. Nothing to saw but I'll try to show you a good time.. 8)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Banjo picker

Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

woodman58

Chris, I live in the St. Louis area. If you are going to be in this area. Depending on when, I can put you up for a few days. You can reach me at (Paul)
Home   636-586-4932
Cell       314-520-3611        If you can't reach me on either one please leave a message.
If you want I can probably get quite a few people together for a demo or you can just relax and fish. Please call after 6AM central time
i LOVE THE SMELL OF SAW DUST IN THE MORNING.
Timberking 2200

Coon

Meadows if ya like you could come up to "Sasquatchland"  We got plenty of biguns to saw up.  ;)  Heck I could bring ya up to my custom job and do a demo there.  I'd even do the tailing for ya mate.   :D  Lotsa dry spruce to cut.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Meadows Miller

Thats Dang Rite yours are not grey n white here though they are balck or brown Mate

Drop bears are real  ;) www.youtube.com/watchv=?ULEQpUY_crc&NR=1   ;) :D :D ;D 8)

Coon

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Meadows Miller

MartyParsons

Hello Chris,
I think you are set up beside us at Ag Progress days in State College, PA.?  See you tomorrow morning for sure.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

taylorsmissbeehaven

If you make it through North Carolina I've got a bed and hot shower, not to mention some big oaks that would love to meet your swing mill. I don't know what your route looks like but we would love to have you and the mill :D. Let me know and take care. Brian
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

thecfarm

I doubt Maine is in the picture? Don't have much here,but a couch or a air mattress. No big trees down on the ground either.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!