Weekend_Sawyer

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Dan_Shade

you need a wildlife mural on there

(honk honk)
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

isawlogs

I guess the beach theme is out of the question with that back ground, have you thought of an amazone  smiley_gorgeous   ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Magicman

I took a few pictures last week.

Of course my houses were smaller and I was using a spray can.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

I think I'm going to paint the front which I can't see lime green with purple trim. Just trying to blend in.....

I've been climbing and cutting trees in the yard at this house almost all weekend. Can hardly walk. I'm not as young as I used to be. May need some new knees. :(
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Sprucegum

Yer a genius Magicman - putin' the out house on stilts instead of diggin' a hole. I bet ya get a good view from up there too.

Magicman

What you can't see is that the top one is actually on wheels.  You can see it's name in the second picture.  It is the "Wheel House".  I can hook it to the tractor or ATV and move it when necessary.  It is built on an old liquid fertilizer applicator.

And then we have the "Straw House".   :)    It belongs to LadyMM.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

Well I spent what time it hasn't been raining trimming the trees around this house and the one next to it so that when we get the garden in there will be some sunlight.
I'm way too old and my knees are too far gone to be climbing anything anymore. Today I can hardly walk. :o ::) I tried to kick start a old bike this morning and about fell on my butt.
Waiting for the city to come pick up the brush and limbs. This is where they may jack me up about this paint scheme by being difficult about the pickup. We'll see. ;)

Magicman

Looks like you were simple trimming the utility lines in case a storm comes through so you will not lose service.   ;D

WH_Conley

Maybe they won't know where the brush stops and pick up the house too. ;D
Bill

beenthere

Just lean that brush up against the house....poof, the house is gone. :)
Or drop a tree on it after the insurance is paid up.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Raider Bill

Not sure how that Ruger got in there.

Insurance on that house would be in excess of $4200 a year with a big deductible for wind damage and no content coverage even if they would write the policy in that I do not live in it. They hammer you on rentals and commercial here. Even if it was owner occupied the premium would be near $2500 I think
Plus it's a wood frame within 5 miles of the gulf.

We have to buy homeowners from a state run property insurance monopoly called Citizens.....  IMO it's the worlds biggest water balloon just waiting to get popped leaving us all wet and hung out. 

Their new game is if you do not have the trees trimmed away at least 15 feet from the structure and in a way that they can withstand some wheres around 75 mph gusts for at least 30 seconds they will cancel you. Roofs have to be inspected and be less than 15 years old or near there somewhere and be up to their code.

I got to get out of this place if it's that last thing I ever do.......

WDH

Reminds me of All Along the Watchtower by Bob Dylan,

"There must be some way out of here,
Said the Joker to the Thief,
Theres too much confusion,
I can't get no relief".

Head to the Tennessee Hills  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Mooseherder

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Raider Bill

Mooseherder you have to have the same issues down there? Maybe not the neighbors but certainty most of the rest? Plus having property in God's country and not being able to be there as much as we want.......

Mooseherder

Yes, I'm sure we have very similar situations.  We are at the cabin now and contemplating not going back. :D
Unfortunately, my paycheck comes out of South Florida and my kids only like to visit Maine.
We'll see what the next couple years brings. ;)
The bad part is we can't be here for weekend getaways.

Raider Bill

It seems to me my drive to the Tenn house is 3 times as long as the drive home. Watching those mountains disappear in the rear view mirror is depressing.
My Son would love to make the move but he's got at least 14 more years if everything goes right before that can happen. Me I dunno....
Oh well at least we have a place to escape to.

I wonder how many others here are doing the same thing?

Mooseherder

I go on vacation to work my butt off. :D
There maybe something wrong with me.
It was a little too cold with wind this morning so we decided to go shopping for organization cabinets and are headed back for inside work.
We lost Internet at the cabin yesterday so I get to catch up some while da boss drives. ;D

Raider Bill

Quote from: Mooseherder on September 10, 2011, 10:36:18 AM
I go on vacation to work my butt off. :D
There maybe something wrong with me.
It was a little too cold with wind this morning so we decided to go shopping for organization cabinets and are headed back for inside work.
We lost Internet at the cabin yesterday so I get to catch up some while da boss drives. ;D
Butt it feels good! For me it's much better than being here slaving away for a crabby boss who doesn't appreciate what I do :D

submarinesailor

Quote from: Raider Bill on September 10, 2011, 10:14:23 AM
I wonder how many others here are doing the same thing?

Me for one.  I/we have the place down in Madison County, Virginia in a little place called Syria.  It has 76.5 acres, with a house and the Rose River running through the front yard.  Up until about 6 years ago( birth of the first grandson), I wife and I were there very week end.  Now, I'm damg lucky to get there enough to keep the grass cut and the place looking decent.  And as Moose stated, the kids loved it when they were young.  But along came boyfriends and that was the end of that.

I really miss sitting on the pouch early in the morning listening to all the animals - watching the bears walk by.  Maybe in about 18 months tings will change.

Bruce

Magicman

There are a lot of both seen and unseen work and expenses involved with a "second" place, but it is still nice.

Thank You Sponsors!