iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Linseed oil in 5 gallon container.

Started by WoodHacker, August 10, 2011, 10:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodHacker

I've been using more boiled linseed oil lately and would like to reduce the $23 per gallon expense.  I see that Lowes and Ace offer 5 gallon containers for under $60 which is about half the per gallon price! 

What is the most easy way to deal with a 5 gallon container?  Has anyone her put a valve on one of these buckets?  Is it better to transfer it all to Scribner jug with a valve in the cap?
Butch

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WoodHacker

A heavy duty, fuel safe jug which you may have seen on dirt bike trailers going down the hi-way.  If you replace the gasket they are safe for drinking water storage too.  The lid accepts a threaded fitting for hose, valve, etc.

OFFSITE PHOTOS NOT ALLOWED
Butch

Brad_bb

Woodhacker, you have to upload photos to your Forestry Forum photo gallery.  Then you copy that URL to use in your posts.  Most other forums don't do it that way but this one does.  It keeps storage space use down and prevents broken links.  If you have any difficulty with the process of uploading, just post/ask us.  When you get used to it, it's not a big deal.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

WoodHacker

Thanks Brad.  I got a notice before and, after quite a search, found the rules and read them.  Now that I have, I won't ever be posting photos.  Seems the forum rules make any uploaded photos the property of the forum.  Sorry but any photos of my sawmill, chainsaw sculptures, or other forestry work are MINE and the rights will not be given to this or any other forum.
Butch

beenthere

We can make do without. ;)

But we do like pics.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Brad_bb

Look, that's just technical jargon meaning that they permanently keep the photos archived here.  The purpose is so that picture links in posts never become broken.  For example if you had your own picture hosting site and posted here with a pic, then later you removed the pic from your hosting site, or changed hosting sites (hence the URL address for the pic would no longer be good), then the picture would no longer appear on the post here on Forestry Forum.  That is why they do it as such.  It has nothing to do with owning pictures.  You still own your pictures, it just means you cannot delete pictures once uploaded here.  Took me awhile to understand and accept their procedure.  It actually makes this site better.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

thecfarm

WoodHacker,pictures that are stored here are better protected than where you are keeping yours.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!