iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

all systems go, first day

Started by Tom L, August 08, 2011, 01:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom L

finally had a free morning yesterday to do some sawing.
everything worked out well, after loading the first log with the ramps and
winch.  I ran home and got my little nuckleboom trailer and loaded the rest with
that. cut 5 logs and then the sun came out and tried to kill me, so I packed it up
for another day.
one note to self, don't leave the doors open in the truck when sawing, lots of dust
in there now.
took a couple of pics, first log and first cut.

fishpharmer

Bravo!! Isn't it a great feeling to cut your own lumber on  that beautiful new mill? 8) 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Chuck White

Congratulations on the new mill and your first day running it!

I know it's a great feeling.

One of the things rarely mentioned, but ends up being talked about later is where you park your truck, relative to the wind direction. The next is closing the windows. ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Bibbyman

New mill.  First time used.  And pictures!  I don't get better'n that!
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

WH_Conley

Bill

Bothy_Loon

You will have many happy hours with that saw, once you remember to close your truck door :D Sawdust gets into all sorts of places that it shouldn't! ;D

zopi

Lol...it always comes back to orange, it seems...

I learned the same lesson in the dump truck first time I ran my vermeer chipper....tree dandruff...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Bibbyman

Another couple of things you'll come to know.  Hold your glasses at an angle when you blow the dust off of them.  If you roll your pant legs up, unroll them and dust them out before you come into the house.  Take your pants outside and turn the pockets inside out before putting them in the wash.

And I never made any of the above mistakes twice.   ::)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Magicman

Congratulation on a lot of "first's", and thanks for sharing them with us.  Really, the only thing that the sawmill does is make sawdust.  You have to make the lumber.   ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Quote from: Bibbyman on August 08, 2011, 07:09:41 PM
If you roll your pant legs up, unroll them and dust them out before you come into the house. 

This also applies if your pants have cuffs  :D.

Way to Go  8).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

sdunston

Nice mill, what engine option is that.
Thanks Sam
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

Tom L

Quote from: sdunston on August 09, 2011, 09:33:27 PM
Nice mill, what engine option is that.
Thanks Sam

it has an 18hp diesel, liquid cooled,

Slabs

Lookin good, just lookin good.

Congratulations and many happy hours of flyin sawdust.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

Piston

NICE SETUP! 
Thanks for the pics.  I'm envious of the new LT28 and your 18hp diesel.  I keep thinking about adding the autofeed to my LT15 but the prices they're running now keep me thinking of upgrading. 

Good luck with the new mill  8)
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Thank You Sponsors!