iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is anyone familiar with Ladyfinger Creme peas?

Started by Don K, August 05, 2011, 05:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don K

I am looking for a possible source for a few seeds if anyone grows these and saves seeds. Evidently there was a crop failure and no seeds were shipped this spring. I grew up calling them Sunday peas because they are hard to pick and shell due to the petite size. They were only cooked on random sundays or for company. They are similar to the texas creme pea but much smaller. They make a rich clear liquor that is wonderful with a side of fried okra and cornbread. If I can get some and raise a crop I will definitely be saving seed for future crops. It is not a hybrid so they grow true form.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

SwampDonkey

Reminds me of a local native woman, who lived to be 93. She grew baking beans from which she saved seed for decades, which originally she got from my great grandfather. Calico beans was the name and I would guess you can buy them.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

scottyblue

Quote from: Don K on August 05, 2011, 05:56:25 PM
I am looking for a possible source for a few seeds if anyone grows these and saves seeds. Evidently there was a crop failure and no seeds were shipped this spring. I grew up calling them Sunday peas because they are hard to pick and shell due to the petite size. They were only cooked on random sundays or for company. They are similar to the texas creme pea but much smaller. They make a rich clear liquor that is wonderful with a side of fried okra and cornbread. If I can get some and raise a crop I will definitely be saving seed for future crops. It is not a hybrid so they grow true form.

Don

If they grow true they are heirlooms(open pollinated).They sound great.They just may be called Lady peas?

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=16&ved=0CEsQFjAFOAo&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgeneticseed.com%2Fcomm_viewproduct.aspx%3FID%3D3443&rct=j&q=lady%20finger%20cream%20peas&ei=94o8TpScMOmKsgLgnKAZ&usg=AFQjCNFGP9e19C7nNXv9hbUyDTY3-FNy9w&cad=rja
Scotty

pappy19

My all time most favorite eating experience. I used to spend big money for Lady Peas already shelled and in Ziplock bags at farmer's markets in north Louisiana. Worth every penny.

Pap
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Thank You Sponsors!