iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

U.P. Yardsale

Started by Jeff, July 29, 2011, 10:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Last time up at the cabin, we noticed a yard sale sign in Detour Village, so my sister and I went and looked it up. I found the following items for a grand total of $9. 

Does anyone have an idea of the age of the file guide?  The box graphics indicate to me it was possibly from the 60's but I don't know. It was never used or even assembled and still has the warrantee card and parts list from grandberg with it.  I gave 2 dollars for that, a dollar for the calendar and 6 bucks for the tapestry.  :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

More photos of the fold out calendar.

JV

I bought a file guide like that probably in the 70's.  Look at the parts list to see if there is a printing date on the bottom.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

Magicman

You did well at that garage sale.  Those are three really neat finds.

Now I know that my 7th birthday was on a Friday.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

isawlogs

Want to double your money on the tapistry  ???       :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Magicman

I was gonna offer more, but I already knew the answer.    :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

red oaks lumber

least you have a file guide for that new saw you got for your b.day ;D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

SwampDonkey

I would say 70's as well on the file guide. Between uncles, father, grandfathers and so on around here they were never used but sat in a bench drawer. ;)

I got a kick out of the Atlantic Salmon write-up, when they mentioned Nova Scotia instead of New Brunswick as a destination for them silver sided leapers. Sure they have them down there, but it was NB that was best known for salmon fishing and still is. Our rivers are a lot bigger to. Newfoundland and eastern Quebec rivers are also famous. What it said about them jumping when hooked on a fly and line is certainly true. Some fella's may describe it like swallowing your heart, every time one leaps out of the water and your holding the line taught. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

dnalley

Jeff, that tapestry looks a lot like some of the work you " burn".  In other words, it looks great!

SwampDonkey

Yes, the tapestry is the best find in the lot.  :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

I plan on using the calendar and the tapestry for Forestry Forum fund raising. :) The sawguide I can use because frankly, I suck at sharpening a chainsaw. :D

beenthere

Let us know if the sucking sound is more or less after using the guide. ;)

I found it much more difficult to use the guide and get all the dials and adjustments "just right" than just going at the chain with no guide. The small Pferd guide with the rollers is the best option for me.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

:D I think that was the same findings of most anyone I saw with one around here. Of course you know, if there were ever any instructions to the gauge they were likely never read and probably lost or tossed. ;) :D

fuzzybear

Quote from: Jeff on July 29, 2011, 03:43:14 PM
I plan on using the calendar and the tapestry for Forestry Forum fund raising. :) The sawguide I can use because frankly, I suck at sharpening a chainsaw. :D
I am for one very glad to hear that. As I saw the tapestry I thought I wouldn't mind having one like that. Now when does the bidding begin??!! :D
FB
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

CT Trapper

Jeff, I have one of those guides that was my fathers. I'm guessing he bought it in the 70's as that is when he bought the 028 I believe.

Ron Scott

I wood also say 1970's for the file guide and I agree with Beenthere on filing.
~Ron

Corley5

There's a guide like that around this farm somewhere.  I never saw it used  ;D :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dukndog

As most all Sears items, they were made by some other industry...as in the second pic, "Granberg Industries, Ca" As for its date, by looking at the Sears logo, it would be after 1966 and more likely the '70's as mentioned. They really tried boosting sales in the early '70's and sold just about every tool accessory possible.
The tapestry is just great!! I've never seen one that nice and with such a great scene. So when are you starting the new "American Pickers" TV show?
Good finds indeed!!!
WM LT-15G25 w/PwrFeed, Mahindra 3510, Husky 385xp, Stihl MS261 and a wife who supports my hobby!!

Coon

He's not starting tha new American Picker's show he's probably the host for U.P. Picker's Finest.   :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Brucer

The family bought my dad a Frontier chainsaw for Christmas in 1972. When I moved back to BC in 1975 he was using one of those "Sears" guides made by Granberg. So, early to mid-'70's.

Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Thank You Sponsors!