iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

HEART CATH.-

Started by ely, July 28, 2011, 06:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnalley

Best wishes and prayers for you, your family, and your doctors today Ely.  Fixing all that you should come out a new man feeling much better ;)  Hang in there neighbor.   Dwight

ely

thanks again all, just sitting here with the family all scrubbed up and ready to party. prob got about twenty minutes. everything going well so far. thats exactly what me and the doctors have discussed for the last couple days doc.
easier to fix a healty heart than a damaged heart. i will try and get my wife online to update for me. if not i will do it at the earliest i am able.

DanG

Well I just missed seeing this in time to wish you well before your surgery, Ely, but when you return you will know that you are(were) in my prayers and thoughts this afternoon.  I'm sure I'm not the only one that is sorta touched that you think enough of your FF family to give us these updates at such a trying time.  It just goes to show what a true family we have become. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

ely

i am doing well guys. they talk about sending me home sunday. i am unsure about that yet. i like it here, they take really good care of me .

Norm

Hey no pinching the nurses!

Glad to hear you're on the mend Ely.

ely

only one port for an iv left n me. no chest tube or anything else. walking everyday 3 times thru the floor.

doctorb

My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Ernie

Prayers answered again, good news.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

dnalley

Way to go, Ely.  That is wonderful news.  God is good....modern medicine is too :)

P.S.  Not to steal from another's post, but I gotta ask DoctorB.  The six month wait to check up on the aneurysm just scares the heck out of me.  I've got a few friends telling me to get a second opinion...NOW!  One told me "if they find something, I want you to promise me that you won't leave until they've fixed it".  I want to trust my doctors,  but
honestly, if you were in my shoes, what would you do?  If you think this question is out of line please forgive and ignore.  I'm probably not the only "dummy" you've encountered.  Thanks, Dwight

doctorb

The follow-up guidelines are based on size of the aneurysm.  The bigger it is, the more frequent the follow-up exams.  I certainly can't disagree with the recommendation about a second opinion.  I look at it this way:  you know your diagnosis and only have questions about treatment.  This permits you the possibility of finding a real expert in the field without rushing.  Give yourself enough time.  Get an appointment within the next 2-3 months.  Travel some distance if you need to.  It will ease your mind.  But you don't need to get this accomplished tomorrow, just in the near future.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Magicman

I'm at the Pig Roast and have not kept up with all of the activity here, but it sounds like you are in good doctor's care.  Prayers are answered every day and you also have an extended family or well wishers here.

And welcome to the Forestry Forum.  Tell us a bit about yourself and your forestry interest when you get a chance.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ely

gentlemen, i am here for another update, sorta tough day yeasterday, great day today and i will be an even better day tomorrow.  i have discovered that 90 % of this get better with health care is that you have to believe you are doing the best that you possibly can. even something as simple as that air sucking thing that helps you build our lungs back, i was a bit discouraged with the results of that and started a silly downward spiral in my head.

you must keep a apossistive attitude about each thing. your visitors see it and give it back to you. i also want to say thanks again to my family here.

they wanted to cut me loose on monday, but i asked my doc could i stay over just one more day, he told me it would be fine.

and sort of in answer to the other ?  with doctors and their opinons, you have to trust your docs care with every fiber of your being .... then and only then will you get well.   i happen to have the best of both worlds... i use my best facilities to pick the best doctors alive for me, then use the prayers of many folks to guide their efforts.  MBO.

ely

been staying with the inlaws since tuesday and looking forward to going to my home tomorrow. feeling stronger each day, not needing to manage the pain too much either.

i am extremely happy with my results.

doctorb

Many who have spent time living with their in-laws, regardless of whether they have had their chest cracked or not, look forward to going home. :D. Glad to hear that all goes well.

ely

:D :o im gonna tell some redneck stuff about myself here now with severe risk to winning some sort of prize... the in laws that i am staying with happen to be my 2nd ex wifes family, who will forever and a day always be like my own family.  me and my new wife have been staying here for the week and we are only getting to go home if we promise that we will come back in a few days for another stay. my 2nd x and us get along so great it is scary at times, we get alot of strange looks from folks who dont understand.   bottom line = just plain good people on all sides.

Norm

Glad to hear your feeling better Ely.  :)

ely

im back on my work computer for the minute, i am going to try and get these two accounts sorted out with jeff post haste. thanks for the patience.

i am still doing great on my recoverery i feel better each day. not allowed to get out in the heat though.

question for doctorb? when a persons body is healing, does it used stored fat on the body as protein to heal the surgical wounds and such.

because i am eating 3 meals a day, resonable meals that is, and i still tend to lose at least a pound each day. im not particularly worried at this point because i do have quite a buffer zone in the weight department. ;D i weighed 224 on july 31st this am i weighed 212.

i know the folks that cared for me at the hospital stressed the fact that i need to eat high protien for a while after i went home to help with the healing process.

doctorb

Stored fat is not protein, so that portion of the required elements for healing is not from stored fat reserves.  Patients after large surgeries tend to lose weight, whether from stress, poor appetite, or a "Catabolic" response (using up her protein and energy reserves) as a reaction to injury (surgery).  I am 17 pounds lighter after my total hip.

trapper

I lost 60 lbs in 6 weeks after surgery to remove a blood clot from my spinal cord
when I broke a couple vertabrae from a bike accident. Unfortunally I got them back and more.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

ely

update from me. i am as of monday the 10th of oct, back to work full time, no light duty. still feel great, still walking 2 miles every morning. still eating properly and thats really killing me. the only fried food i have scored is some squash and okra. ::)

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!