iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

"Hobby Mills"

Started by lostyooper6, July 27, 2011, 02:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostyooper6

Currently I can buy a brand spanking new WM LT10 for just under $3K, the few used "hobby mills" I have found on the internet for sale have been listed for nearly as much as a new mill or even more.  I haven't been looking for very long but the sale price on the WM looks better every day....am I way off on my observation?  What is a fair price for one of these entry level mills?

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Lots of Hobby Mills.....Lots of prices. If I were you, I'd buy the new WMLT 10. You can't go wrong.

From my experience, buying something used is buying someone else's troubles.

You'll love the Woodmizer! I know.....I have one.

David
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Radar67

I bought my Hudson used. With in a week of owning it, I had to replace the cam shaft. Had I not been in such a rush to get a mill "now", I would have probably bought a Woodmizer 10 or 15. That is water under the bridge now. I am glad I purchased a mill though, it has opened up so many new things for me, new friends, new hobbby, new place to visit regularly (the Forum).  :)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

countryjonez

I have been running my lt10 for about 2 months,and it has proved strong. It has cut a couple thousand b/f. Most of what i cut so far has been reclaimed barn timbers,very very hard stuff. I would have liked to upgraded the moter but couldnt.but if your in the market you wont be disapointed with lt10. It is very strong built and buying new I had the woodmizer name to help me along the way.I rate me experience 9/10 over all. Hope that helps you some.
If God be for us who can be against us ?

lostyooper6

Thanks, I think the LT10 is the best bang for the buck, I have another month or two of shopping around (stil sitting in Iraq).  Been purchasing parts to build a chainsaw based slabbing mill, would like to build my carriage to be able to use the bandmill I end up buying, anybody have the width of the WM LT10 center of guide wheel to center of guide wheel?

thecfarm

I would guess you are in the service. We should be thanking you for serving our country. What branch are you in?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

First, Thank You for serving our Country in whatever capacity.  You simply can not go wrong with a WM.   ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

lostyooper6

I'm in the Army guard, thanks guys. 

naturewalk789

i own a LT15 for  8 month and love it ,, if i want to up grade the mill ,woodmizer said that they would buy it back for an upgade , woodmizer  gave me phone # of people around me, that own an woodmizer , i call the owner they talk good about the mill  thats when  i went  right  ,if you  own a woodmizer  you took the right step ,,,
brian

tomkat001

Where can you buy an LT10 under $3000??
The best price I can find is $3800
Boardwalk Jr. , JD 5075E with 553 loader, Stihl 290 Farm Boss,

Chuck White

Check the date of his post!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!