iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Who's planning to go to the 2011 Sawmill Shootout at Paul Bunyon show?

Started by DR_Buck, July 24, 2011, 12:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR_Buck

Although it's not until October, is anyone planning on going to the Paul Bunyon show in Cambridge OH this year?   I found a campground about 3 miles from the fair grounds and I'm thinking of making a reservation there.   

Question for Jeff -  Is there going to be a FF booth setup?   If so, let Kitty and I know if you want/need any slide show setup like at the last one. 
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Autocar

I normally try to get there on Friday,always enjoy the new equipment . But after inquiring about the price my hair looks like I just peed on a electric fence  ;D
Bill

DR_Buck

Quote from: Autocar on July 24, 2011, 01:26:46 PM
I normally try to get there on Friday,always enjoy the new equipment . But after inquiring about the price my hair looks like I just peed on a electric fence  ;D

smiley_headscratch

Admission Prices:

$8 - Adults   $4 - Seniors & Kids (12-7)   Children 6 & Under Free

maple flats

I'd love to go, but my work load will not allow it this year. I have a huge list of things to get done and this heat is stopping me dead in my track, I'm already losing valuable time.
For those who do go, you WILL have a good time. Lots to see and everyone you meet is interested in the same things you are.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

BBTom

I think I can make it to the Paul Bunyan Show, It is just a couple hours from me.  I cannot afford any new equipment, but I like to look.   Which campground you looking at DR?
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

DR_Buck

Quote from: BBTom on July 24, 2011, 04:45:34 PM
 Which campground you looking at DR?

Hillview Acres and Spring Valley are both close.   Probably stay at Hillview as Spring Valley is next to the Interstate.

Jeff

There is supposed to be a Forestry Forum booth at the request of Sawmill and Woodlot. I got the info this week and it looks like its only a ten by ten area. I'll have to check on that as I don't plan on having a manned booth, but an area like we always had in the past. An area where forum members can gather. 10 by 10 is not quite what I had in mind. I'm going to check in on that and see if that's all that will be available. It would be cool to do a slide show again. Maybe forum members will have some other ideas that we can do as well.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Skip

Better resv.  campground early ,  lot of gas well and pipeline work going on in the area the travelers have a lot of sites tied up

Jasperfield

CT Trapper

Quote from: DR_Buck on July 24, 2011, 02:10:57 PM
Quote from: Autocar on July 24, 2011, 01:26:46 PM

smiley_headscratch

Admission Prices:

$8 - Adults   $4 - Seniors & Kids (12-7)   Children 6 & Under Free

I think he was referring to the price of the new equipment, not admission.

DR_Buck

Quote from: DR_Buck on July 24, 2011, 07:50:17 PM
Quote from: BBTom on July 24, 2011, 04:45:34 PM
 Which campground you looking at DR?

Hillview Acres and Spring Valley are both close.   Probably stay at Hillview as Spring Valley is next to the Interstate.

I booked into Salt Fork State Park.  It's about 7 miles from the show.  Hillview Acres has pretty lousy reviews posted on line and Spring Valley is right next to the Interstate.

Wallys World

We are planning to come. My brother and sister in law live in Logan, OH so we are staying with them. They said it is only about an hour away from them.
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

Dan_Shade

Jeff, have you firmed up the booth?

I'm debating attending, gotta figure out my work/leave schedule...

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Jeff

we'll be there. Not sure about the booth yet, but Walter at S@W spoke to Tammy and said there would be a meeting area for us. Just not sure where yet.

Meadows Miller

Gday

Well Ill be there with Lucas Mill and Baileys  ;) think we could meet there as Lucas usually have a fair size site from the looks of it but ill have to suss that one out  ;)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

DR_Buck

Quote from: Meadows Miller on August 20, 2011, 09:09:19 PM
Gday

Well Ill be there with Lucas Mill and Baileys  ;) think we could meet there as Lucas usually have a fair size site from the looks of it but ill have to suss that one out  ;)

Regards Chris

Looking forward to meeting you Chris since I didn't make the Pig roast this year.       We're arriving Thursday evening and will be there bright and early Friday morning to help set up the FF area/booth.

I'm still reviewing the agenda trying to decide if I want to take any of the pay seminars or just soak up the free stuff.

blaze83

wow hard to believe it is time again for the Paul Bunyan show. I live about 15 minutes north of Cambridge off of hwy 77,  may have room for 1 camper if any one is interested. I also work at a private campground resort , we have camp sites and cabins. I may be able to get some of my FF friends in, since october is starting into our slow season. if any one is interested let me know and I'll ask the resort manager. I look forward to meeting a lot of you, since i still havn't made it to a pig roast.  stuff keeps happening.   grrrrrrrr last year i got married, this year i had a daughter,  :o hmmmmmm  well my wife had a daughter .....I watched  :D.

any way pm me or leave a note on the post and I'll pm you back

god bless,

Steve
I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

Jeff

Tammy and I have talked about it, and due to work, transportation, financial and family event restraints, we have decided it is not possible to attend this year after all. I'll be contacting S@W mag to let them know this week.  Tammy from Logrite mentioned to me at the pig roast about Forum members using ther logrite/bluecreeper spot to congregate.  I'll verify with her on that this week as well.

Magicman

We may have Meadows Miller all used up  :-\  by then.   ;) :)   Right now we are all having our "Southern" ears   :o  adjusted so we can communicate.   :D :D :D   He should be arriving in Mississippi tonight.   :)

We are trying to firm up a date now for a "Chicken Crispin".   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ironwood

There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Meadows Miller

Gday

I am just about to head in and see Cooks saw at the moment  ;) And There Might be a slight Detour Fellas I might be ducking down to Mobile Al to meet a nice Southern Girl I have been chating to on and off for awhile now So I might be a day or two late fellas  :) :) :) Ill give Tim a call if Im doing that  ;)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

beenthere

Chris
You need to be REALLY careful of these on-line chat people. Just so ya know. 

;D ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DR_Buck

Quote from: beenthere on September 06, 2011, 10:35:43 AM
Chris
You need to be REALLY careful of these on-line chat people. Just so ya know. 

;D ;D ;D

I think you need to be EXTRA REAL CAREFUL with those southern girls.    ;D ;D

WDH

Uh Oh, who doesn't like G.R.I.T.S.  ????????   (Girls Raised In The South). 

This is dangerous, Chris.  You will be hearing the song of the Southern Belle Sirens if you aren't careful  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

No wonder I can't get Chris to respond to a PM.  Here I am trying to arrange and firm up a "Chickin Chrispin" for him and he is distracted.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!