iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ASV loader problems

Started by BnBlogging, July 22, 2011, 03:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BnBlogging

This may not be the right area for this, and if not i apologize. However, im having some problems with the loader on my ASV skid steer. I have a very basic knowledge of hydraulics, so please bear with me. It started when a fitting busted off in the under carriage, i replaced the fitting got everything up and running again and the machine just had no power at all, neither drive nor loader. I then bled the lines and the drive came back to life however the loader actually got worst. The problem with the loader is that it moves extremely slow, has absolutely no power, and seems to fade immediately. I've tried to bleed the loader lines only, but i cant seem to find anyway of doing so. I've only been able to find one spot to bleed the hydraulics, which i've already done. There is however, a hydraulic filter in line before the loader, but it doesn't have a bleeder on it. I've thought about replacing the filters, but didn't want to do so if it wouldn't help anything. I've also contemplated getting a different filter and housing that does have a bleeder on it just to make it easier to bleed, or at least in my head it would.
I've been working on this all week and have come up with nothing other than running through 5 gallons of diesel and 5 gallons of hydraulic fluid. Im at the end of my rode on this one! Any help will be much appreciated. Also i can take pics of anything that might help solve my problem.

Rio_Grande

The same thing happened to our MTL 20 I was able to find 2 bleeders in the pump manifolds one for the lift and one for the carriage. The final one that solved the problem was on the main pump. I was amazed how little air there was in the system and how much trouble it was causing. Mine occured because we bought a nwe piece of equiptment and one of my guys put it up with the cylinders full which took fluit from the resivour. When I put the grapple on and had it all the way up and closed,,,, You guerssed it sucked air when the tank went dry...

See if you can find a scymatic for the unit and look for a bleeder in the pump. It solved our problem.. If there was a spit of air I would be supprised but it dont take much to cause problems.

kiko

I am only familiar with the rc-100 asv.  It sounds to me you have a pilot pressure problem.  Pilot Press should be around 450 psi. Pilot pressure provides control pressure to your joysticks and make up oil to your drive pump and motors.  First step would be to change the pilot/charge filter. When you remove the pilot filter pour it out and check for brass "glitter".  If the filter is stop up it is one of the things that could result in the sympton you are getting. 

BnBlogging

thank you kiko! I'll try that tomorrow morning and let ya know what i find.

Thank You Sponsors!