iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-Mizer 2011 Personal Best

Started by Magicman, July 21, 2011, 08:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brucer

smiley_thumbsup   :) :)

That credit has an expiry date (1 year) so don't forget to spend the rest of it :D.

Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Mooney

It was hard not to pick up the phone and just tell you about it when the judging results came in a couple weeks ago  :-X

Your story was very inspirational, and we are proud to have you as one of our winners, MM  ;D You reminded us a little of Moses  ;)

Magicman

Thank you Jake and Wood-Mizer.

Here is a picture of the building project that won for me.  Actually I wasn't the real winner, our church's Music Minister was with this storage building/carport built with 100% Wood-Mizer lumber.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Cedarman

Congratulations!!! 8) 8) 8)  MM, that is a fine building worthy of the award.  I would hate to be a judge for these contests.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Tom L

way to go on the win!

that's some project, very nice

nas

Congratulations MM 8) 8) 8)
I don't know if there is a category I would rather win than "for the good of others"

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Radar67

Nice project MM. You seem to have kept this one quiet for a while. ;)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Chris Burchfield

I was trying to figure how "Crispin Chicken" could be an entry.   :D :D :D  Congratulations Lynn.  Very nice little building.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

schakey

smiley_applause smiley_thumbsup
Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the building

Think-Dream-Plan-Do

Magicman

While this "Wood-Mizer Customer Appreciation Month" with a 10% sale was still available, I just ordered another Fine-Adjustment Outrigger.  My prize money is now spent.   ;D

Thanks again Wood-Mizer !!!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

isawlogs

Lynn , welcome to the honour club   8) 8) 8) 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Magicman

The first two Fine-Adjustment Outriggers came in and are installed.  I am looking forward to using them on the Sinker Cypress job starting Friday.

I replaced the Outriggers in front of and behind the axle on the operator's side.  These always seem to be the ones that sink in while I am sawing.  They are also the hardest to reach.  Today I ordered the one just behind the hitch.

nas

Almost looks like you need a new mill to match the nice new outriggers :)
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Peter Drouin

The outriggers do work well, don;t forget the locking caps that go on top , they will unscrew and loosen from vibration,  :) :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

isawlogs

Lynn , let us know how you like those outriggers.

nas: The paint Woodmizer uses on there mill aint sun friendly  :(   
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

pnyberg

Quote from: Magicman on September 28, 2011, 05:52:55 PM
I replaced the Outriggers in front of and behind the axle on the operator's side.  These always seem to be the ones that sink in while I am sawing.  They are also the hardest to reach.  Today I ordered the one just behind the hitch.

My 'demo' mill came with 4 FAO's on the rail, and the standard outriggers (SO's) on the loading arm side.  I initially thought that I might spring for two more FAO's, but with some experience I found that there's really no need.  I hardly ever have to use the silver adjustment rod on the SO's.

Generally, I'll release the SO on an end, and then use the near rail end FAO to lift the end enough to get the SO to click into the next hole.  Then I'll put the closer mid-rail FAO down and get it to take its share of the weight. 

To put this another way, I adjust the FAO's to the position of the SO's, and never really adjust the SO's at all.

I'm sure you'll work out your own system shortly.

One other thing I did was to put a 1 1/4" socket in my tool box so I wouldn't be in a pickle if that nice crank handle ever went missing.  That crank handle has taken a couple of long trips sitting on top of my hitch-end FAO  :)

--Peter 
No longer milling

Magicman

I saw right quickly that I needed a socket or ratchet end wrench.  I went by Sears today and they didn't have a 1¼" socket.  I'm going to the parts house tomorrow.

Quote from: Peter Drouin on September 28, 2011, 06:06:25 PM
don;t forget the locking caps that go on top , they will unscrew and loosen from vibration

I'll get the instructions out again.  I missed that part about a locking cap.   :-\

JP135

Congratulations, Magicman. Nice work.

HOGFARMER

Congradulations,  You can definetly be proud of this accomplishment!
Manual LT-30

thecfarm

There's another feather you can add to your hat. Good job as always from MM.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: thecfarm on September 29, 2011, 07:06:40 AM
There's another feather you can add to your hat. Good job as always from MM.

At this point it's starting to look more like an Indian War Bonnet with all them feathers... :D

Herb

Ohio_Bill

Congratulations Lynn, You are truly living the Golden Rule
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

ljmathias

Way to go, MM!  I'm off the forum for a few days and lo and behold!  You become Moses!

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

Thank You Sponsors!