iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

FYI for Bandsaw Millers

Started by Dewey, July 20, 2011, 09:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dewey

I went to the Forestry Expo in Bangor Maine this spring, and I had  the opportunity to meet with a factory Rep From Lennox... After talking to him for awhile, he offered  me a chance to try a new Band  that Lennox was working on for us sawmillers.. He sent me three to use. I have used them, but have not tried sharpening them yet. But I will say I was impressed at how they sawed rite out of the box. The cut was extreamly smooth and I was able to increase my feed speed to boot..  He came by my mill today to see what  I thought of them.. I told him that as long as I didn't have issues sharpening them that I would deffinatly like to try them further.... And get this....... I asked him when I order what am I to call them...  He chuckled  and said that they probably won't be out for full production until  next winter and that they haven't named them yet. I was the first to try them out.... They do have a few more opperators that are trying them now and all reports are great....
the price is a little cheaper than what I've been paying..... 

So if it all works out  it looks like another blade will be out in the market  soon    8)

petefrom bearswamp

Thanks Dewey
Keep us posted.
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

sdunston

Dewey, what was the blade you were compairing the new lennox to, were both the same angle,set and thickness?
thanks Sam
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

Dewey

I have been running Simonds Red Streak  1 1/4 ",042 ,13'-11", 7/8  Tooth Spacing....
The Lenox Was a little thicker... I was told the thickness when I was at the show  in Bangor.. At the moment I can't remember.... It also was just a little wider but not 1 1/2".. still 7/8 Tooth spacing  ...  I know im not allot of help but I will try to get ahold of the Factory Rep in the next few days to get a little more info...Over the years  I have tried pretty much every band out there  ...

Dewey

Just an update  on the new Lenox  Blade.......  I've been testing them now for a while..  Lenox sent a couple of factory reps to my mill  today... We had allot of good conversation on sawblades...  They made a short video of me sawing a couple of logs...It looks like the blade will be available around the first of the year...  I will say  this blade Is a great cutting blade  everyblade that I used, cut perfect rite out of the box..  I saw  Northen White Cedar  . I was able to increase the  speed that I sawed, all in all  I am reallty excited with this blade  I hope those of you that may try it like it too !!!!!   :)   :)   The blade I used were 13'-11"  .042   7/8  TS  FYI  They have a Face Book page

bandmiller2

Dewey,have you tried to sharpen those bands ? Do they have a standard tooth shape and set conformation rt., left,straight? Were they designed as disposibles? Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Dewey

Yes  the design is similar to a standard style blade  with right  left straight....The teeth are hardened.. there are other subtle differances that they explained to me... 

Thank You Sponsors!