iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Update: Jeff's Clock

Started by Magicman, July 20, 2011, 01:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Hey, you old codger!! What a gift.  Nice! :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WildDog

A worthy gesture and great looking clock there MM :)
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

metalspinner

:)

That's a nice surprise.  Well, done! :)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Warbird

Lud

Nice clock, nice surprise.   8)   Will it help Jeff be on time??
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

tcsmpsi

A proper gesture, to a proper family in a proper environment.  Well done     :)
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Jeff

I love that clock already and miss it up here at the cabin. At home, I found myself smiling every time the chimes would gently sound. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Yes, I like a mantel clock as well. When I was in Radford, Va area 10 years ago I bought a Howard Miller that is wound by key. It's an eight day clock with Westminister chimes. I also have a tall quartz clock, a Bulova with Westminister chimes to. I like the key wind one the best. No batteries, no power, just good old German clockworks.  ;)

Enjoy your clock there Jeff as it'll remind you of a good friend and his great wood craftsmanship.   :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

pineywoods

I'd like to add a bit to this thread. That ain't Jeff's clock, it's Tammy's  ;D. I was present when Magic presented the clock to Jeff. He said, this is yours to do with as you see fit, keep it, use it as a door prize, auction it off, whatever. Tammy grabbed the clock, wrapped her arms around it and said, "This clock is not going anywhere, It's MINE". Maybe she will let Jeff wind it  ;D  A fitting tribute to a fine couple, and a perfect example of the kind of folks who hang around here. The clock is just the tip of an iceberg. You'd be surprised (well maybe not) to learn of some of the other projects Magicman and Magicwoman have been involved in.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

pigman

Quoteuse it as a door prize
That was my suggestion. ;D I thought we all should vote on what to do with the clock, but Tammy said that only her vote would be counted. :(
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

clww

Awesome clock and gift for Tammy and Jeff, Lynn! 8)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Jeff

I'm spending a lot of time up here at our property in the U.P., and one of the things I miss most about home other then Tammy and the kids and Icey and scooter, is that clock. I smile every time it chimes. :)

Jeff

Hickory Dickory Dock. :)

I noticed this morning my clock did not chime. I went to check it and saw it had stopped around 5am this morning, and was just making a clicking sound. I think this battery has been in there at least 2 years, possibly 3. The clock sits on top of my bookcase, next to the dividing wall of my office area. I can remember the last time I opened the clock. I had noticed it had quit chiming, and as it turned out, the adult child that was staying with us at the time had turned the chime off because it irritated them. To bad. I turned the chime back on and put a note in there.
So back to today. I got a new battery and opened up the clock. My note was still there, but I found a surprise that was added soon after I put the note in there.
I had had a squatter! He had a chance to build his house on my property but never moved it. I had spotted him running on the wall and saw him when he dived into my old forest service field radio. I just took the radio out side and shook him out, then went back in and ran a trap line. I'm sure this was at least 2 years ago as well

Magicman

It gave me an opportunity to re-read this old topic.  Made me smile!   :)

Then sadly you also notice those FF members that are absent or no longer with us.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Wow, where did six and a half years go Jeff?  ::)

At Christmas my mantle clock seems to disappear into the closet for ornament space.  That ain't going to happen in Royalton. I made mention of Christmas stuff being delegated to the porch. :-X  :D My uncle always wound his grandmother clock during Christmas, so this clock in the closet thing ain't right with me. :D

LaneC

That is a nice clock, and even without batteries it is still correct twice a day.
Man makes plans and God smiles

teakwood

National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Thank You Sponsors!