iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

woodsplitter cradle

Started by CT Trapper, July 19, 2011, 08:38:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CT Trapper

The cradle on my troy built splitter is shot so I'm thinking of this..
http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=60203&catID=12115
Anyone have a report on it's durability?

thecfarm

I just put a few pieces of ¼X4 inch flat stock on edge for my cradle.Made about 3 inch spaces between each one,about a foot square. Alot cheaper.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

CT Trapper

thecfarm

If you have equipment you need a welder. I had some welding done on my loader on my tractor. Was something like $400.He came to me,that's why so high. I only had a small welder. Did not take me long after that to buy a bigger one.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Quote from: CT Trapper on July 20, 2011, 12:13:03 AM
Yeah, I need a welder...

Yup, you can probably buy a Lincoln "crackerbox" for what that cradle will cost.  I did.  I needed something at the tree farm because stuff breaks and transporting the Hobart wire welder was not a good option. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!