iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Don't you just hate it when this happens?

Started by LOGDOG, July 16, 2011, 03:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LOGDOG

doctorb

"A man's got to know his limitations" - Dirty Harry :D

My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Bill Gaiche

No wedges or ropes to make it fall away from the house. What was he thinkin. bg

WildDog

I can't imagine Mrs Wilddog remaining calm and continue to film after I did something stupid like that. I would of dropped the saw and run away, I definately wouldn't of turned my back on her.

I got in enough trouble last night for leaving the tap on to the calfs trough and running the house tank dry. :(
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Warbird

LOGDOG

His wife really does seem to be taking it well doesn't she? Did you see his arms drop to his sides? That was disbelief and a sick feeling coming over him.

Ron Scott

And all the clear room to fall the tree in other directions. ::)
~Ron

beenthere

I'm thinking the faller may not be her husband, seeing as she is taking it so well.

Glad the one I cut near the house didn't fall like that.  ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

customsawyer

Judging from how well his saw was running I figure this took a while. So you would think he would of had time to see the tree leaning the wrong way.  I bet he was glad it didn't pinch his bar. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

red oaks lumber

when people do completely stupid things, why then do they have to show the world just how dumb they really are? 2 stupids don't make a smart ;D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Meadows Miller

Gday

Thanks for that LD just spent about 5 min re watching it shaking my head and laughing my butt off Mate  :) :) :D :D :D :D

Looks like the scarf is wrong for a start and he went abit to far on the camera side of the hinge and not enough on the house side once you lose that holding wood its all over it will go wherever it bloody well wants to go  ;) and thats just for starters and  the weighs in the head are all wrong for where he is trying to put it  :) :) If you want to force a tree where you want it to go you have to be bang on with your cuts and if you not sure it will go then cut out a wedge seat for a 20000lb bottle jack and give it some guidance  ;) :D ;D ;D 8)

If your falling theres alot you have to consider and plan for I have done 100s of yard removals alot without ropes or wedges/jacks for that matter over the years and have not hit anything yet (touch wood  ;) :D )

As some other's have said he had plenty of other options where to fall it  :) ;)

Some Mothers Do Ave Em  :) :) or he might have just been having an off day I saw the shoulders and the arms too  ;) :D :D

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Ianab

QuoteWhat was he thinkin

I don't think there was much intelligent thought involved....  :D

Chris, you are pretty much right. He could have felled it 45deg away from the lean, with no rope or wedges, and missed the house. Instead he notched it to fall away from the house, then just cut until he made it though the hinge, and gravity took over.

You would think "who could be that dumb?"

But if you look at the "similar video clips", it's all too familiar.

Ian

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

thecfarm

That's too bad. Just someone who did not know about the lean of a tree and the weight of the limbs too.I'm surprised he did not get the chainsaw in there too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Norm

When I opened the thread and saw the still picture of the tree leaning I knew it wasn't going to be pretty.

I'll bet money she posted it on youtube to teach someone a lesson.  :D

LOGDOG

I just noticed the video says ..."Tree falls on 'MY' house". I wonder if the "my" is the woman shooting the video?

Bibbyman

That made my day!   8)

It least it looked like the porch took most of the damage and not the main structure.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

ljmathias

He should have tied his truck to it with too short a rope and pulled away from the house... and on to his truck, remember that one?

You have to wonder how some people survive in life.  Makes all my stupid mistakes look pretty smart now   :)

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

John Mc

Quote from: customsawyer on July 16, 2011, 08:27:57 PM
I bet he was glad it didn't pinch his bar. ;D

Yeah, it would be a bummer if he had to buy a new bar...
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

SPIKER

Quote from: John Mc on July 17, 2011, 09:12:43 AM
Quote from: customsawyer on July 16, 2011, 08:27:57 PM
I bet he was glad it didn't pinch his bar. ;D

Yeah, it would be a bummer if he had to buy a new bar...

ya might have been better for all around him to have the saw destroyed to keep the rest of the homes safe in his neighborhood ;D
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Ernie

Sometimes you encounter the results of a bad leak in the gene pool
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Meadows Miller

:D :D :D :D :D Ernie

I think that leaks been gettn alot bloody worse over the years too Mate   :) :) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Ernie

Quote from: Meadows Miller on July 18, 2011, 08:21:27 PM
:D :D :D :D :D Ernie

I think that leaks been gettn alot bloody worse over the years too Mate   :) :) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Particularly in NZ as anyone with any brains has gone to Aussie but don't you dare quote me :D
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

CT Trapper

That is funny....not a clue what he was doing or about servicing his saws either.

dovetails

But guys, look on the bright side, lots of kindling wood to go with the new fire wood! LOL
1984 wm lt30,ford 3000 w/frt lift,several chain saws, 1953 model 30 Vermeer stump grinder,full wood working shop, log home in the woods what more ya need?

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!