iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old swimming hole

Started by WildDog, July 12, 2011, 07:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildDog

I had to cross the Nadewar Range for work today between Narrabri and Bingara. To comply with my fatigue management policy I stopped off for a break at an old swimming area we used to frequent when we had a farm nearby. It used to be quicker to drive up here than bounce over the hills in the old Landrover to the river out the back of the farm.

It is a Basaltic Volcanic area dating back 230million years. The whole riparian area is massive conglomerate boulders known locally as the Glacial Rocks. They look like Jeffs Pudding Stones. 

Heres some pics, it was getting late and the sun was setting in the west which didn't help the pics.

If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Jeff

I'll take that first one.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sandhills

That looks like fun, beautiful country too.  Thanks for sharing the photos.

Meadows Miller

Gday

Nice Pics Wilddog  ;) ;D 8) Brings back the past for me too but ours wasn't that flash Mate   ;) :D ;D ;D 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Tom

That makes a fellow want to strip and jump in.  It's a lot like the pictures I've seen of the USA West and N. West.  Is that captured water or a river/creek?  What would the fishing be like in it?

WildDog

From memory its Rocky Creek and flows into the Upper Horton River. Our farm was nearby on the Manilla River. Both rivers used to hold good Eel Tailed Catfish although the European Carp were taking over. From 1998 to 2000 outside of my regular shift work job I did casual work on a cattle place with double frontge to 8 miles of the river. My son and I were the only ones with access, most Friday nights were fish and chips. :)

If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

WDH

Nice conglomeration!  Looks idyllic.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Autocar

Sure looks like a nice creek to cool off in  ;)
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!