iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This is getting tedious...

Started by DanG, November 12, 2001, 08:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

Well, this retirement thing that was "on" so suddenly, is "off" again....for the moment. The impetus for the move was the "new improved" retirement insurance plan. As it turns out, they have gutted the old plan, as well. It looks like I'm back to plan A...but wait, there is a lay-off afoot! Some people in my age and job category have been offered incentive packages to retire early. Meanwhile, I'm just settin' here on this barbed wire fence, gently swaying in the breeze.
Thanks to all of you for your kind wishes, and condolences. The condolences, however, are not warranted, as my choices are not painful, at all. On the one hand, I can continue to make $50k annually for not much effort, or, on the other, I can bail out and start my new career. I think I will just bide my time and make my move on my own schedule.
It is said that all dark clouds have their silver lining. In this case, that glow came from my wife, bless her heart. She has come through with a genuine interest in going into the sawmill business. We went for a Sunday drive, yesterday, and she was seeing boards in every tree we passed. :-D>>>  I mentioned the need for a metal detector, and she wants to go ahead and get one. Anyone know where to look for one?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

Hey Dan,
White's Electronics and Garrett both have web sites with methods of contacting the company.  I'm sure they will be glad to list their dealers.  We have a couple of good ones in J-ville.

There are other detector companies as well, some of which make good machines.  You will find that some companies specifically pinpoint certain areas of the country or certain types of detecting.  Most will work satisfactorily on wood so your biggest concern should be where you will be doing your "treasure hunting". :)  Underwater ?  :D

Ron Scott

Also contact the Kellyco Metal Detector Super Store at www.kellycodetectors.com

They handle all makes and have some good sale prices on all brands. They have their Holiday Sale Catalog out now.
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!