iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

3000# 12 volt winch

Started by gator gar, July 07, 2011, 09:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gator gar

If you replaced the manual winch with a 3000# 12 volt winch, would it walk decent sized logs up the ramp on a LT28 manual mill??

Magicman

Parbuckeling, yes.  I did have to replace the 3500 on my trailer because it would not handle 30"+ Red Oak logs.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DanG

I would think it would do the job on most logs.  Parbuckling a log would be considered a "rolling load" and it doesn't take all that much pull to move a good sized log.  Apparently, if you're talking about 30" red oaks, 16' long, you'll need a little more ooomph. :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

pineywoods

I don't see putting any kind of winch on the mill. Put it on your tractor or truck. Then You can use it for other useful things as well as winching logs on to the mill.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Thank You Sponsors!