iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The 205B skidder I have been talking about.

Started by logman81, July 07, 2011, 04:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman81

Precision Firewood & Logging

Bobus2003

The Blade cylinders look like Aftermarket "Farm Cylinders"

Mlamountain

logman81

Yes at some point in it's life the blade cylinders were replaced with tie rod cylinders. They were not afraid to put iron in skidders back in those days very simple and rugged looking. :)

tapper2

That is an awesome skidder. What's the powerplant in it? I like the front of the machine, looks pretty easy to get to everything, and the front mount pump...awesome.  Are those 18.4-26's? The rears look pretty decent.
Belsaw m14, 1992 Ford 1720, Homebuilt  bandmill, Franklin 120b & a bunch of worn out, banged up stuff........gotta love it.

logman81

It's a 1963 timberjack 205B not sure what the B means? It has a Perkins diesel, I think it may be the original engine I know that it was rebuilt a couple of years ago. It is a very easy and straight forward machine to work on. Yes the tires are 18.4-26 the rears are brand new.

Meadows Miller

Gday

It looks the goods and she's pretty tidy n strait  for her age  Logman ;) Have you asked the bloke what dose he want for it $$ wise It could be a good buy with the work thats been done on the motor  ;)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

mad murdock

Nice looking machine!  It reminds me of my skidder (Garrett Tree Farmer mod. 15A), same sized tires, almost same year (64).  I think the 205B has a little lower CG,probably good on hills, the Garrett stands up taller, but it is pretty stable. 
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

logman81

Yes it is a tough looking machine! An oldie but a goody it does seem to site lower than the Garret tree farmers. I think with a little welding and straightening and some paint in the correct color it would be a nice machine.

a old timberjack

H.T. LOGGING and Trucking, llc, GREENE, Rhode Island

logman81

Thanks Brandon I'm still trying to track down who owns it. I don't no what is worth but I don't think it is worth to much but then again these small skidders seem to have a premium price around here because every one is looking for one.

logman81

Does any one know what the line pull is for the winch on this machine 10,000?

mad murdock

what winch is on it? a Gearmatic? of so, model 8A 8,000 lb line pull on first wrap, 9=9,000 lb line pull on first wrap, not sure about the model 19 or 119.  Don't know about hercules, someone on here will be able to get you info.  Winch manufacturer and model # are key pieces to the puzzle for accurate info.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

logman81

I'm not sure what winch it is. It is a pto winch and it is not hydraulic activated so I don't think it is a gearmatic.

bushmechanic

The winch is a Timberland Ellicott and was made in Ontario,Canada as was the machine.I don't think the Perkins was the origional engine I think it was a Ford.Modified to fit the perkins you can see where the engine compartment was raised up.Looks a lot like my 201B and is a great machine. 

logman81

Thanks for the info bushmechanic do you know what the winch is rated at?

CX3

John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

logman81

Yes is in good shape for it's age someone took good care of it. I still trying to find out who owns it. A greate little firewood machine for sure. I sure like the old timberjacks they were so simple and easy to work on. 

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

logman81

Thanks every one for your info and comment's I like hearing what you have to say. ;D Just out of curiosity what do you think this machine weighs? Would it be possible to to this around to jobs using a single wheel F350 with a 7.3 and a proper trailer or is it to heavy?   

logman81

What no one has a guess at what this skidder weighs?

barbender

I'd guess in the 12-14,000# range. Just a guess, looks the same size as the old garret tree farmers.
Too many irons in the fire

logman81

Thanks for the guess barbender I was thinking between 10 and 12,000. Its about the same size as a older c4. So it would be possible for one to tow it behind a one ton pickup with a proper trailer.

g_man

DOT guys would probably find it interesting enough to want to take a close look  >:(

Thank You Sponsors!