iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

quarter round on a 718

Started by Tony, July 07, 2011, 02:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Have had a Woodmaster 718 for awhile.  Gonna try and mill some quarter round. It seems it would be easier to install the knife in the cutterhead instead of the pattern knife holder.

Would like to know what you other Woodmaster owners do/would do.

Thanks,  8) 8)

Tony
TK1600, John Deere 4600 W\frontendloader, Woodmaster718 planer\moulder, Stihl MS461 Stihl 036 & 021 & Echo CS-370
"You cannot invade the mainland United States.  There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."  Adm. Isoroku Yamamotto ( Japanese

jcbrotz

You need to use it in the holder it was balanced for. Most likely its balanced for the pattern not the cutterhead, You can tell very easy does it have 1 or 3 balancing weights? If only one you'll find out why the hard way if you run it in the cutterhead.(I tried it once being lazy) won't do that again.  ::)
2004 woodmizer lt40hd 33hp kubota, Cat 262B skidsteer and way to many tractors to list. www.Brotzmanswoodworks.com and www.Brotzmanscenturyfarm.com

pineywoods

If you do put the pattern knife in the planer head, be sure to add balance weights in the other 2 slots. Personally, I prefer the knife holder, no need to worry about balance. I have 2 knife holders mounted on the same 18 inch shaft.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Tony

Thanks fellas  ;D wasn't as big a deal as I thought.  8) 8)

Tony  8)
TK1600, John Deere 4600 W\frontendloader, Woodmaster718 planer\moulder, Stihl MS461 Stihl 036 & 021 & Echo CS-370
"You cannot invade the mainland United States.  There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."  Adm. Isoroku Yamamotto ( Japanese

jdtuttle

Be careful where you stand when running quarter round, or anything for that matter. I learned the hard way :o
Jim
Have a great day

Tony

Quote from: jdtuttle on July 13, 2011, 12:35:28 PM
Be careful where you stand when running quarter round, or anything for that matter. I learned the hard way :o
Jim

I know what you mean. I got  "tagged" last year by a knotty sycamore 1x  smiley_swinging_board smiley_eek_dropjaw

Thank You Sponsors!