iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Filing depth gauges on Oregon 95VP chain

Started by Bobcat_pa, January 07, 2004, 04:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobcat_pa

My new Husky 346xp came with 325 x 50, 95VP chain.  I want to use the saw "as is" for a little while, and will then move it to a more agressive chain.    I see Oregon classifies this as reduced kickback when used on a micro-lite bare (narrow kerf ?).  Question-- as the cutter wears, do I also start to file a little off the bumper/ramp link ?   There is not much wear room from the top of the dg, to the top of the bumper/ramp.   Does not look like the cutter will be even half used by the time the dg is filed down to the bumper.  Need your advise.      bob  

Kevin

I think you'll find the cutter will be spent by the time you get down that far.

Bobcat_pa

That is a great visual illustration, and I agree now.    Can you give, or direct, me to some info on how to take a picture & get it to my pc .  How did you get that red line ?  Using a high quality digital camera?    bob

tony_marks

bobcat ill tell u what i did.. i put full chisel on 3 saws of the fifty cc class. i then put 95 vp on and in every case the 95 vp was faster..
  now im not saying this is all conclusive,,for all situations..
 but that chain on that saw with 16 bar.. is gonna be a real
  real fast saw .. if it aint then something is wrong..its a 14500-15000 saw and u want an chain that wont pull u rpm dn..
  leave the rakers alone... itll get a lot better befor u start to loose any ground.. i almost envy u ,,dont mess it up ..if  that saws not doing rite ,,u mite contact dozer dan henry..he can get it so
  u scalding any body elses saw around . he understands them.jmo.

Kevin

Bob;
That image is from the Oregon site.
It was saved as a file in my computer, opened up in the PAINT program and then the straight line could be added to the image.

Thank You Sponsors!