iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Roadtrip to woodmizer NY

Started by sdunston, June 29, 2011, 10:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdunston

Heading out in the morning to Woodmizer in upstate NY to pick up A RESAW attachment and a ED50 edger. I will try to get as many pic's as I can. Sam
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

Dave Shepard

I went up there in April of '02 for the open house. It was snowing a little bit and someone asked when it started. "November", was the answer. :D Have fun.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Chuck White

Hope you have a nice trip Sam!

The guys at Hannibal are good people.

Good luck with your new equipment!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sdunston

Got there around 10am and they had mt stuff ready to load. They were busy getting things togather for a show next weekend.

Had a nice tour of the resharp shop but forgot to get some pic's I was so inpressed with all that was going on it was overwelming so to olny pic I took was in the warehouse, Lots of nice orange toys in there. Had a good time there and told them I would see them in booneville in aug, Hit the road and pulled in here around 4pm about 2.5 hrs

Thanks Sam
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

Dave Shepard

That's a lot of orange. 8)

I made it home from Hannibal in just under three hours too, but I won't tell you how far away I am. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jim_Rogers

When I picked up my mill in NY on ground hog day in '94 it was snowing a little.

I asked them if it was "lake effect snow" and they said it was.

I asked them how much "lake effect snow" did they get, three or four inches?

and they said "..yes....per hour....."..... :D
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

inspectorwoody

I'd like to hear your review on the edger when you start using it.

Pros, Cons etc.

Sounds like you had a good time.  8)

sdunston

Quote from: inspectorwoody on July 02, 2011, 11:11:09 AM
I'd like to hear your review on the edger when you start using it.

Pros, Cons etc.
Sounds like you had a good time.  8)

Well got the edger EG50 setup and ran some 2" hemlock through it, I AM IMPRESSED  8) 8). Its a simple, well made and it seems to be a machine that is not going to break the bank to maintain. It uses standard 10" rip blades and that 10hp engine buzzed into that 2"stuff like nothing and the price was in my range (3295.00). So far I love it and It sure beats edgeing on the mill. Next is to get the RS2 resaw wired up with the plugs and try that out BBS

thanks Sam

inspectorwoody

Would it be possible to see a short video?  ???

I watched the one Wood-Mizer has but I would like to see one being used by a customer. 

Thanks.  :)

Mooney

You can see Gary operating his new single blade edger in this video, and how he has it set up in relation to the mill.  http://youtu.be/h47Xg6Di700. It doesn't show it for very long, but hopefully enough to give you an good idea.

inspectorwoody

sdunston

Set the RS2 on the mill today and changed the wires over with the plugs so it can be un pluged when not in use. Edged some blanks for siding, set at 2deg's and ran them through. This is going to make my life so much easyier, and what an easy set-up. Was making siding out of 10' long stuff its a must for 2 people or I will have to set up a roller on the tail.
  Jake I got all I can do to get pic's on here but my son in law says he knows how to get vid on. I would love to do a post on siding from start to finish.
Thanks all and have a safe 4th
And to wood-Mizer my new toys are better then any fireworks 8) 8)

Sam

Sixacresand

I have enjoyed my trips to WM in Newnan, GA.  The people are friendly and helpful. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Thank You Sponsors!