iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

solar collector

Started by millwright, June 26, 2011, 05:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

millwright

i am looking for ideas or plans for building a solar collector

Jeff

Welcome the the Forestry Forum. How about we start off with a little teasing? :)
What are you wanting to collect? I can give you the directions on how to make one out of cardboard and aluminum foil that will cook a hotdog like I made in scouts.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

jcbrotz

First time poster (welcome by the way)and Jeff's first post has already made it to food :D
2004 woodmizer lt40hd 33hp kubota, Cat 262B skidsteer and way to many tractors to list. www.Brotzmanswoodworks.com and www.Brotzmanscenturyfarm.com

millwright

thanks for the welcome  i guess i wasnt to clear on what i was looking for. i am looking to build a solar kiln for drying mostly white and red pine, ash and red oak any help would be appreciated thanks

LeeB

There are quite a few posts on solar kilns. Use the search function to check them out.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Bill Gaiche

Welcome millwright, Could you tell us a little bit about yourself your wood plans and where you are located if possible? I just finished my kiln about a month ago and its doing real good. I used some of the ideas in this plan. Good luck, bg
http://solarkilninfo.com/

millwright

Im located in upper wisconsin and have worked in the woods and wood products area for about 35 years.  I currently have 2 woodmizers an older Lt 30 and an Lt 35  and I am starting to get into planing and moulding thus the need for the kiln. I will check out the info on some of the forum sites thanks again.

Thank You Sponsors!