iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Look at what we just hatched

Started by Plowboy, January 06, 2004, 05:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plowboy

We had two of these little guys hatched and one of them we sent to a town to the south of us.  Well what happend is we made two of them and Mom gave one to one her friends and kept the other for herself.  We are looking into maybe hatching some birds.  If anyone has a good picture of a shovel bird, the ones that are made of scrap iron and an old shovel please share it with me.  Thanks    Plowboy

sawwood

Plowboy thoes are neat looking . That is what my sister
 would buy and put in here rock garden .

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Percy

:D :D Wow, what a place, Plowboy is hatchin cast iron Turtles and Sawood has a sister that grows rocks, :D :D :D
just funnin......
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Bill Johnson

Neat turtle, but I don't think he's too fast :D :D
Bill

Patty

Your turtles are really cute! The shovel birds you asked about are popular up here, but you just don't see them much until spring. They are popular at the farmers markets and craft shows. I'll take a picture if I remember.  ::)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

karl

can't let Marie see those- I'll be out looking for waterbowls and depleting the local supply, most of which already are holding flowers in her gardens(well not today at 0 degrees)!
Cool Idea- I like creative folks.
"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

Gus

If I've seen 1 drinking cup I've seen a thousand of them but I never envisioned one being a turtle. That is way  8)
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

beenthere

Plowboy
Is this the 'shovel bird' you are wanting to 'raise'?  Did it hatch from an egg? or will the egg come in due time?

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Plowboy

I don't have any pics of my hatchery to show where I started the turtles, so I can't show you the eggs they hatched from.  Thank you for the picture of the bird, the shovel bird that is.  I think that I will have a bird in the hatchery before too long.   Plowboy

Thank You Sponsors!