iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

No longer a virgin...

Started by mrcaptainbob, June 21, 2011, 06:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrcaptainbob

I have been 'christened' with the disassembly of this MS310. I swear there's more pieces than a car engine! I met with that success today with the help of the good people at FF. But wait There's more! The garnering of parts is next (per FF member's suggestion..) and then will come the reasssembly. Now THAT'S gonna be a challenge! I will be asking many questions at that point. Thanks for the help so far....

Doppelganger

Well I hope you got the two necessary tools

A Big hammer

An Extra big Hammer.

They are for when those parts don't fit back right.

Straight to the Extra big Hammer and hit it harder.

Recycle any left over parts as scrap is worth money.

Good luck.

ladylake

Those are hard to work on saws.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Al_Smith

Every saw presents it's own challange .Fact being the first Stihl 020T I ever worked on took me half an hour just to figure out  how to proceed .It's a learning curve .

Along the same lines last week I had to replace the start rope on a Poulan pole saw .That one took a little thought too .

nmurph

The two biggest problems are-

getting the piston back in the pan- use a zip tie or spring for the $6 stihl ring compressor

getting the electrical cabling in the right place and order

The rest is simple trial and error....and re-trial, and error, and some more trial, and re-error.

Thank You Sponsors!