iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Firewood stumpage

Started by overtime, June 17, 2011, 06:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

overtime

I'm in mid -coast Maine just seeing what every one else is pay for stumpage on firewood per cord,  I'm paying 25 per cord have been for last few years is this even close anymore I know it was back then.

teamgreen

seems in line, Im in eastern CT, been paying about the same depending on the job. What part of Maine? im from Cooper origanally.

bill m

Stumpage for cordwood in western Ma. is between $10 and 15.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Maine372

youre in the ball park for 2009.  not sure where things are now.

search 'maine stumpage report'. the maine forest service publishes a report on stumpage prices listed by county. the info up currently is for 2009. but consider fuel has doubled since then!

overtime

I'm in the Bath/Woolwich area yeah with the price of fuel it should be less but most land owners don't think its enuf thats why I figured I would ask around Thanks

SwampDonkey

Seems like ball park to me, I'm in NB.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Maine76251

im in the kennebec area and i pay 18 a cord

a old timberjack

wow!! im in rhode island/eastern ct. i pay and bid 10 bucks. any more around here you go backwards.
H.T. LOGGING and Trucking, llc, GREENE, Rhode Island

SwampDonkey

You have to match pulp prices or the owner will say see ya later. Our hardwood pulp prices at the mills seem to be higher up here. Not only that, with marketing boards the owners know all the mill prices with a phone call.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ken

Most contractors here in my area are paying $20-30/cord for firewood stumpage but I suspect that may go up as the demand for firewood continues to grow.  Finding good firewood to stumpage is getting more difficult every year.  I wouldn't be surprised if delivered tree length firewood hits $150/cord later this year  8).   The current average is $120-130/cord.   Judging by the amount of calls we have been getting many people are not able to find a contractor who can deliver.  Stove companies are also saying that wood stoves have been flying off the shelves this year and it does not look like the price of heating oil is going down anytime soon. 

Cheers
Ken
Lots of toys for working in the bush

bill m

SwampDonkey, that is exactly what I was going to say. Southern New England is to far from the pulp markets to drive up the price of stumpage. Although some hardwood does go for pulp, firewood can be a lot easier to move.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

SwampDonkey

Tree length won't climb that high unless pulp goes up. A lot of the firewood guys are buying firewood tree length from crown land loggers. Acadian said last year they are focusing on hardwoods now. It comes bye here steady into the Bridgewater, Me crossing.

But that being said, prices are always higher around Fredericton, sometimes cut split and delivered for $400 down there. Half that up here.

a old timberjack

Quote from: bill m on June 19, 2011, 08:44:39 AM
SwampDonkey, that is exactly what I was going to say. Southern New England is to far from the pulp markets to drive up the price of stumpage. Although some hardwood does go for pulp, firewood can be a lot easier to move.
i was gonna add that but beat me to it. by the time we send a load of pulp up north to the markets, the trucking would be worth more then the load, never mind paying the land owner.
H.T. LOGGING and Trucking, llc, GREENE, Rhode Island

logman81

I agree with timberjack firewood stumpage isn't worth much these days.
Precision Firewood & Logging

thumper

when the state of maine sells cordwood to residents it is 25 dollars a cord. in aroostook county landowners get 30 plus for hardwood or they will keep it..
Jonsered 2150 2152 2156 2165  Husqvarna 262xps Worn 1970 JD440a 06 GMC 3500 DURAMAX

SwampDonkey

Can't blame them. They may need it to. ;D ;)

I saw one landowner who cut off all his woods. But in the mean time his firewood supply was now gone. So he just helped himself on his neighbor who was an absantee owner in Holland. Knew he'd never be around, so he figured firewood was free. Nieghbor here had the same mindset, only he did his thieving by headlight in the evenings after dark and everyone lives on their lots. >:(

Thank You Sponsors!