iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Leyland Tractors

Started by Scott, January 05, 2004, 02:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

I saw this tractor for sale in the autoseller classifieds so i checked their website and got a picture. The price was 8,000 CAD. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me anything about them, I've never herd the name before.

1980 LEYLAND 465 65 HP diesel, 4 cyl

beenthere

In the past, they were good tractors (I used to use one to plow ag land 20 years ago).  Good meaning the one I used had good power and good hydraulics. I'm a Deere person, but I still liked using the Leyland (although I recall the brakes would fade after using them a lot when plowing on a sidehill). I don't think they were like the Deere running in an oil bath.

To make a buying decision, I would investigate availability of parts and service that you can tap into. Nothing (much) worse than getting a great price for something that can't be fixed because no one has parts or knowledge about mechanical servicing. (Just my opinion).  
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Scott

I wasn't actually planning on buying the tractor it just looked like a good machine for the price. The parts is a big issue because i have no clue where you'd get them around here. Same with international and massey ferguson dozers, i don't know if you could get parts for them at the tractor dealer or not.

Stan

Leyland was a Brit conglomerate and had companies like Triumph, that built cars and motorcycles. I don't know what company was their ag division.
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

splinters

If you are interested, try www.yesterdaystractors.com. Like this forum only dealing with tractors,crawlers,and equipment.

Scott

i knew they were a british machine but i never would have thought they had ties to triumph. Thanks

dail_h

Land Rover too I think
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

breederman

We had a dealer near hear years ago,so there were quite a few around.I worked with one for a couple years,nice to operate and very stingy on fuel.But brakes would not last and many (most?)ended up in the weeds with warped heads.
Together we got this !

Oregon_Rob

Tuff to get parts for :)
My father-inlaw has one and is afraid to use it, becuase it is almost impossible to fix becuase of the parts availibilty thing.
Chainsaw Nerd

theonlybull

parts for most any dozor, will only be availble from an industrial equipment supplier.  halifax/moncton maybe.  we buy our case parts from LaHave equipment, in bridgewater ns, and most other stuff, we get out of the city.
Keith Berry & Son Ltd.
machine work and welding

Keltic

Wilsons in Truro is good too. FMK

Thank You Sponsors!