iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Why they call it the rain forest

Started by jim king, June 08, 2011, 05:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim king

This is why they call it the rain forest.  We don´t really need a weather forcast. 

Mostly Cloudy
Temperature: 88°F Dew Point: 73°F
Barometer: 29.80 inHg Wind: SSE 5 mph
Humidity: 62.5 % Visibility: n/a

Iquitos Weather Forecast Summary   

Wednesday, June 8th, 2011
Wednesday Afternoon Temperature: 90°F
A mix of cloud and sun with showers likely. Chance of a thunderstorm. 0.04 to 0.16 inches of rain.   

Wednesday Evening Temperature: 77°F
A mix of cloudy and clear skies with a chance of showers or thundershowers.   

Thursday, June 9th, 2011
Overnight Temperature: 72°F
A mix of cloudy and clear skies with a slight chance of showers or thundershowers.   

Thursday Morning Temperature: 82°F
A mix of cloud and sun. Chance of a thunderstorm.   

Thursday Afternoon Temperature: 93°F
A mix of cloud and sun with showers likely. Chance of a thunderstorm. 0.08 to 0.16 inches of rain.   

Thursday Evening Temperature: 73°F
A mix of cloudy and clear skies with showers likely. Chance of a thunderstorm. 0.12 to 0.24 inches of rain.   

Friday, June 10th, 2011
Overnight Temperature: 68°F

Friday Morning Temperature: 82°F
A mix of cloud and sun with a slight chance of showers or thundershowers.   

Friday Afternoon Temperature: 91°F
A mix of sun and cloud with a few showers. Chance of a thunderstorm. 0.16 to 0.28 inches of rain.   

Friday Evening Temperature: 75°F
A mix of cloudy and clear skies with a few showers. Chance of a thunderstorm. 0.2 to 0.39 inches of rain.   

Saturday, June 11th, 2011

Saturday Morning Temperature: 81°F
Sunny with cloudy periods with a slight chance of showers or thundershowers.   

Saturday Afternoon Temperature: 90°F
Sunny with cloudy periods with showers likely. Chance of a thunderstorm. 0.12 to 0.24 inches of rain.   

Saturday Evening Temperature: 73°F
A mix of cloudy and clear skies with showers likely. Chance of a thunderstorm. 0.12 to 0.2 inches of rain.   

Sunday, June 12th, 2011
A mix of cloudy and clear skies. Chance of a thunderstorm.   

Sunday Morning Temperature: 81°F
A mix of cloud and sun with a slight chance of showers or thundershowers.   

Sunday Afternoon Temperature: 90°F
Sunny with cloudy periods with a chance of showers or thundershowers.   

Sunday Evening Temperature: 73°F
A mix of clear and cloudy skies with a slight chance of showers or thundershowers.   

Monday, June 13th, 2011
A mix of clear and cloudy skies with a slight chance of showers or thundershowers.   

Monday Morning Temperature: 79°F
A mix of cloud and sun with a chance of showers or thundershowers.   

Monday Afternoon Temperature: 84°F
A mix of cloud and sun with periods of rain. Chance of a thunderstorm. 0.43 to 0.79 inches of rain.   

Monday Evening Temperature: 75°F
Cloudy with periods of rain. Chance of a thunderstorm. 0.47 to 0.83 inches of rain.   

Tuesday, June 14th, 2011
A mix of cloudy and clear skies with showers. Chance of a thunderstorm. 0.31 to 0.59 inches of rain.   

Tuesday Morning Temperature: 79°F
A mix of cloud and sun with showers. Chance of a thunderstorm. 0.31 to 0.55 inches of rain.   

Tuesday Afternoon Temperature: 88°F
A mix of cloud and sun with showers likely. Chance of a thunderstorm. 0.08 to 0.16 inches of rain.   

Tuesday Evening Temperature: 75°F

Wednesday, June 15th, 2011
A mix of cloudy and clear skies with showers likely. Chance of a thunderstorm. 0.12 to 0.2 inches of rain.   

Wednesday Morning Temperature: 75°F
A mix of cloud and sun with a few showers. Slight chance of a thunderstorm. 0.24 to 0.47 inches of rain. 

Ianab

Reminds me of something a friend (who grew up in Papua New Guinea) told me.

They had 2 seasons - the wet season and the dry season.

In wet season it rained all day. In the dry season it only rained in the afternoon  :D

We are also in a "Rain Forest" area, but the temps here are a bit different this time of year. Humidity is 96%, it might get up to 10C today if we are lucky, and it looks like rain too.  ::)

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Rocky_Ranger

I wish we could get a little of that rain, I'm on the "Wallow" fire in AZ and my family is one of the 7,000 evacuated.  We've had runs of 14 miles in a day, pushing, if not over, 400,000 acres.  Someday, when we get this thing out, I can post some pics.  We are in Area Command with three Type I Teams.
RETIRED!

jim king

RR:

I saw just a little about it on CNN.  We have a different CNN than up there and it has very little news about the States.  It sounds terrible.  Is is low brush type of land or larger trees ?

Good luck.

Ron Scott

Yes, hope for rain and its controlled soon.
~Ron

Gary_C

Rocky, I thought of you when I saw some of those news reports and heard the name of your town. Hope you, your family, and home are safe.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Ernie

Quote from: Ianab on June 08, 2011, 05:58:06 PM

We are also in a "Rain Forest" area, but the temps here are a bit different this time of year. Humidity is 96%, it might get up to 10C today if we are lucky, and it looks like rain too.  ::)

Ian

I knew there was a good reason I don't live in Stratford.  The coldest we've got so far this winter has been 12C at night and 16C during the day.  We are so close to each other but the mountain and the sea sure make huge differences in our weather. It's fair Pi**ing down here right now, I might have to get the cattle off the riverbank :(
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

SPIKER

that forecast is a lot like ohio, rain sun humidity snow repeat & rinse lol/..

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Ianab

QuoteIt's fair Pi**ing down here right now, I might have to get the cattle off the riverbank

Yeah, I had to drive though to New Plymouth for a job just after you posted that..  Was a little damp  :D

1,000 feet higher and inland does change the climate a bit.

Quotethat forecast is a lot like ohio, rain sun humidity snow repeat & rinse

You got our winter weather pegged.   ::)

Ian

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Ernie

A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

jim king

QuoteBit of a heavy dew.

Last night we had some serious dew.  I woke up about two in the morning and went to the patio and the three 4 inch drains I have going to the street were at capacity.  My rain gauge broke some time ago and they don´t sell them here.  No body is interested.

Worse than the rain a couple of days ago a helicopter came into the airport to low and blew the palm leaf roof off my house workers house.  Most people want a leaf roof as it is the coolest , I have a corrugated asphalt sheet roof that is quite cool but it was expensive by standards here.  Today we bought every thing for his new roof.  If we ever had a good Wisconsin wind storm here there would not be a roof left in town. 

Thank You Sponsors!