iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tree garden

Started by Taylortractornut, June 07, 2011, 11:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylortractornut

This weekend planting tomatos  and some oak trees with my transplanter for a freind he mentions something I thought was a good Idea.  He told me that his grandfather  had set  up a tree garden.   I asked what it was and he told me when he was born his grandfather  took  several  trees of each speecies that was found in there state and  planted them in rows of 10 to 20.       He said  his grand father would show them to him each visit and Quiz him on them.    Since Im gonna be pops in  8 months I thought about taking an area on the place and doing such with a little plot.          Id like to have a section for tings like sasafrass and bodock and dogwood and holly
The main items would be pine, and hickory and the oaks.    I d make it towhere I could thin it out when needed. 
My overload permit starts after sunset

fishpharmer

A great idea if there is the space.  Or if you have an existing patch of woods with a good mix of species you could label trees.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!