iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hey, Pigman...

Started by DanG, January 04, 2004, 09:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

Did ya ever hear the one about the pig feed salesman?

Well, there was this pig feed salesman. He went around from one pig farm to another, taking orders for pig feed. He had this one client, an old lady, that was way, way back in the hills. He never even made back his gas money on her, because she was so far back in the hills and only had a few pigs to feed. He didn't mind, though, because the old lady was so fascinating to him. She always invited him in to her parlor, where she regaled him with stories of how it was in the old days, and she always had some snacks out for him to munch on. He really enjoyed his visits with her, and always saved her for his last stop, so he'd have plenty of time to visit.
One time, when he sat down in a real comfy little rocking chair, there was a bowl of peanuts right there beside him, and he began to munch on them. She was in a chatty mood, and he got carried away with her stories, until he run his old hand over there and found that the peanuts were all gone. :o  He was just mortified that he had eaten all of her peanuts, and started apologizing profusely.  "Oh, just look at me!  I have set here and ate up every one of your peanuts!" said he. She just laughed and waved him off, saying, "Aww, don't you worry about it none!  Ever since I lost my teeth, I cain't do nuthin but suck the chocolate off of'em, anyway."
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Stephen_Wiley

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Kinda goes well with the concept ..........to waist not !
" If I were two faced, do you think I would be wearing this one?"   Abe Lincoln

ADfields

:D :D :D         :)  :D :D :D

redpowerd

:D :D :D :D ill hafta spread that one round :D :D :D
thanks!
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

pigman

No DanG, I never heard that one. My feed salesman always brought me little gifts like hats and jackets. He also sometimes brought peanuts, always wondered why they were sometimes a little damp. Maybe the old lady was not the last customer and he stole some peanuts for me. ;)
Bob the rancher
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Corley5

Now that's a good one :D :D :D :D :D :D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Bill Johnson

:D :D :D :D :D :D Good one.  
Bill

VA-Sawyer

Thanks, it even got me to smile.  

You all know the story about Midas? Everything he touched turned to gold.  
Today I had a day like his brother.........
you know the guy............................
his name was...........................
Crapola !

isawlogs

I got to laugh twice reading this tread Thanks
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!