iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

robot grass mowers

Started by Dan_Shade, June 05, 2011, 07:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_Shade

Do any of you guys have a robot mower?

They are kind of pricey, I'd like to know if they are worth the hassle before springing for one
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Jeff

Did you see our new sponsor sells those?  I think that's was the product he started with.  You can get 5% with a forum promocode if you decide to go that way.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

lgt

Hi!

Actually, I don't sell robotic mowers anymore.  I was far and away the largest robotic mower dealer in the country.  One of the companies even sent me and my son to the factory in Italy.

They are high maintenance and a lot more work then most people are ready for.

Three years after I sold my last robotic mower and I still get 8-10 maintenance calls a week.

Dan_Shade

what is high maintenance and a lot of work mean?

thanks for passing that word, Jeff.  I'll check his site out

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Jeff

That was him that just told you he doesnt sell them any more. :D   Sorry.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

bill m

NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Taylortractornut

I have a robot weed eater.    Its name is Roundup.    A friend of mine bought on and its  more troble than its worth.   He swears it more maintenance than his  airplane. 
My overload permit starts after sunset

jim king

I have a machete and sharpen it on the side walk.

Ron Wenrich

I have a walk behind mower and sharpen it on the sidewalk, as well. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Mooseherder

Maybe one day there will be a break through with new space age technology.
One can dream about that day can't ye?
I bet there is a pretty big market for this service. :D

Coon

My wife was just reading the topic over my shoulder and she started chuckling and said "buy a goat".  :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

metalspinner

QuoteMaybe one day there will be a break through with new space age technology

Now that the Cold War is over, maybe we can use then Star Wars defense idea.  Home owners can get on a weekly schedule to have their lawns mowed with a laser precision from space.  Just make sure Fluffy takes care of her business before your scheduled time arrives. :D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

doctorb

Why can't they genetically engineer grass that only grow X" tall?  Have a variety of heights, then you just choose what height grass you want in what location. 
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

D Hagens

Quote from: doctorb on June 06, 2011, 11:35:44 AM
Why can't they genetically engineer grass that only grow X" tall?  Have a variety of heights, then you just choose what height grass you want in what location. 

We have  a grass seed down here that's called slow grow no mow and it only grows so high. You're lucky to mow it once every few months and even then it doesn't look like you've mowed the lawn.

Dan_Shade

Coon, I almost put "and I don't want a goat" in my original post  :-)

I'd rather mow the grass than deal with a goat!

Coon

:D  C'mon Dan where's your sense of adventure?   :D 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Brucer

Quote from: doctorb on June 06, 2011, 11:35:44 AM
Why can't they genetically engineer grass that only grow X" tall?

They actually created one about 30 years ago. Didn't even use genetic engineering -- it was just a very ingenious hybrid.

Only problem was, the "grass" was purple. For some reason it never caught on.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

thecfarm

I've had a few goats and if the wife could care for them,we would have them again. Must be handled at birth to make good goats and bottle fed too. We had 3 that would fellow us better than my dog does. We had 2 that was not handled and could never bring them around to really be friendly.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ron Wenrich

The most I had at one time was 30.  Eventually got it down to about 12.  They were always hard to keep in the fence.  When they got out, they didn't eat much grass.  But, they really liked rose bushes and the neighbors corn.  They wiped out my strawberry patch in one sitting.  They ate my blueberries, almond trees and small walnut trees.  But, I still had to mow grass.  And I had some spots that grew faster and better than other spots, thanks to the goat fertilizer.

They were still a lot of fun to have around. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Thank You Sponsors!