iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

372 xp

Started by tony_marks, January 04, 2004, 03:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tony_marks

ok ive got an 372 that been souped up by dan henry..
 ive tried to leave it like he had it set,,as much as possible.. but im not sure which way is setting for more oil .. is setting the screw all the way counterclockwise
 the open or shut position.. im thinking its got to be open but ive been wrong before..i can find out on the job .. but prefer to be working on trees in the field rather than saws.. thanks for anyone willing to help an amature.. :)

SasquatchMan

You should be able to tell be running the saw above a piece of wood or cardboard... just crank the adjuster all the way in either direction, and see which way makes more lube...
Senior Member?  That's funny.

tony_marks

thanks sasquatch.. but its sunday and i dont want to disturb my neghbors.. was hoping somebody with these saws would tell me so i dont have to do it on the job tommorrow..i noticed a little more bar heat than normal yesterday. ill be back working up a couple of 40 inchers tommorow..

ricksvar

Hi Tony,

Turn the oiler adjustment counter clockwise to increase volume.It's no problem to adjust the oiler in the field.Your 372 will handle 40" hardwood with no problem if the oiler is adjusted properly.

May not be a bad idea to drain the oil tank and flush it out with mineral spirits,could be a lot of wood chips in the tank.

Rick

tony_marks

thanks rick ,,she was back to her old self today.. thanks for the info..

ricksvar

Might want to check/grease the needle bearing.I think Husky recommends grease about every 40 hours(weekly)of use.

Rick

Thank You Sponsors!