iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Up & down question

Started by EZ, January 04, 2004, 02:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ

My up &down for the sawhead is manual. One turn raises the head 3/8 of an inch, which is fine if I'm only going up a couple of inches every now and then. It turns ez but when I have to raise it up 2 feet or so I have to crank it 200,500 times, well sometimes it feels like it. Anyway it's chain drive, the bottom sprocket on the crank has 2 less teeth on it then the top sprocket. What do I need to do to make the head raise faster with less turns.
EZ

Frank_Pender

On one of my MD mills I have a 24 volt powered rack and minion system that works great.  The other MD mill has a hydraulic motor that runs the rack an pionon system.   Perhaps something in that order would work for you.  Evena little electric motor would work.  If you are not within a current bush or a 110 system you could always use a small generator for electicity.  
Frank Pender

VA-Sawyer

I don't know if the upper sprocket is the driving or driven sprocket.  To make it go faster make the crank sprocket larger and/or  make the driven one a little smaller. Beware... the faster it moves the harder it will be to crank.

Rick
VA-Sawyer

EZ

Sooner or later I will have 12 volt system on it, but right now I have to get the thing back on the road, customers are waiting. Thanks Frank.
Thanks Rick, I will put a bigger sprocket on the crank. Even if I could get it to raise one turn would be one inch would be alot better.
EZ

Thank You Sponsors!