iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Firing up the chainsaw tomorrow!

Started by Paschale, June 01, 2011, 12:48:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paschale

I've been quite a stranger here in these parts--it's just because I'm so busy during the school year doing all kinds of things.  But I always look forward to the summer when I can get back to spending time on the Forum, and tomorrow, I'll be firing up the Husqvarna with my dad, cleaning up some trees that got windblown over the weekend as the result of a tornado that touched down in Michigan.  Fortunately nothing like Joplin--I think one or two houses got destroyed, which is of course tragic--but thankfully for my parents, no damage to their house at all.  Two beautiful cherries were destroyed however, but when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade!  Those'll be cut into saw logs.  There are a couple of box elders we need to cut up, and a couple of maples.  I think those will just become firewood since one is quite old and the other apparently split right down the middle. 

I'll try and post pictures of the day's events with my dad and a couple of nephews.

Hope you all are well!

Dan

Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

thecfarm

It's good to hear from an old friend.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Burlkraft

Good to finally hear from you!  ;D
I thought you ran off and got married and forgot all about us.
When you are cutting boxelder, if it has red, I'd
Seriously consider cutting slabs that could later be used as table slabs
Or cut into turning blanks.

Welcome back :)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Patty

Dan!  Good to hear from you again.  8)

Did you have any luck building the brick oven you spoke about? We are real interested in learning more!!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

isawlogs

Good to see you are back, I also thought you got hitched up and was shy about sharing the event  ;D 

The box elder, as our travellin' buddy has mentioned  ;) is really nice as table tops when it has the reddish grain to it , then again some has green also in it wich make it a looker too.

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!